OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Conquest questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 20:34
found it and thank you.Do you like your Kahles
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 21:05
I love it. I also have Leupold, burris, bushnell ,simmons , and none compare to the Kahles!
257WM_CDL-SF View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 21:09
after the  Kahles which in next
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 21:13
Swaro! or higher grade Kahles....the top self Zeiss are an E ticket as well! on the upper end I think the Kahles and the Swaro's are about hand in hand.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 21:24
sorry what  I meant was between your others after the Kahles
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 21:38
I would go with the Bushnell 4200 then the VXIII then Burris,  to me the 4200 and the conquest I looked at were spot on?
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 21:40
What know about the MeOpta scopes
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 21:45
I have no experiences with those ......I think people like the IOR a little better?   but they do like the Meopta binocs a lot.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 21:48
hope not   bothering you  Funds is tight here been laid off 6 months  just trying to get most for my money
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 21:52
Most for your money would be the Bushnell 4200 line....IMO   = to conquest ..but with rain guard and yes it works! if you choose a 3x9x40 it can be had for around $300.00
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 21:56
i was just looking at  the kahles  again  what do you know about the multizero  feature
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 22:01
That I don't and some say to stay away, unless you are going to do long range work 600 yrds and beyond!  there is a guy... Sakomoto...  he has one or two with that feature if you are courious you could PM him and get some info or wait till he sees this post.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 22:05
id prefer it did'nt have it  but all on samplelist has it  what is difference in KX series and CL series
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 22:15
You don't have to use it just cuz its there!   don't know if you have considered ...   look at the Nikon X series on the sample list. it is basically a tactical version scope very good optics and good looking too. it is a 30mm scope it compares with the 4200 and the conquest.

Edited by rifle looney - March/21/2009 at 22:25
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 22:19
i'd like the low light advantage.Most of what i do is deer hunt and here in nwnc it seems at it get dark when move the most  especially the big ones,nothing more frustrating than have deer surround you and raise scope and cant see them.Been there and was no fun at all
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2009 at 18:56
Sorry..........been out ! Rifle looney..........I shot my buck this year at 248 with my Conquest set on 14x !
257WM..........I have the discontiunued ZRF reticule in my 4.5-14x44 which comes with target turrets ! I liked it so much I sold my Kahles Helia C 3-12X56 on my .30-06 and am replacing it with a recently found 3.5-10x44 ZRF w/target turrets ! I do not think there is much of an advantage to the Kahles for deer hunting(since I have nice bino's).........I think it was a little clearer at dark but not all that much bright or any easier to see a deer to shoot. I think I could have "ground checked" a little easier with the Kahles but could not see a buck and count his points with the kahles and not with the conquest ! I guess I am trying to say that if you think there will be a big difference........you will be disappointed......if you realize that it costs a lot for a slight increase then maybe you will get what you expect !

I just sold my Swarovski also and bought a Bushnell 6500 and spent the extra on a gun !
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2009 at 19:05
Originally posted by cbm cbm wrote:

Sorry..........been out ! Rifle looney..........I shot my buck this year at 248 with my Conquest set on 14x !
257WM..........I have the discontiunued ZRF reticule in my 4.5-14x44 which comes with target turrets ! I liked it so much I sold my Kahles Helia C 3-12X56 on my .30-06 and am replacing it with a recently found 3.5-10x44 ZRF w/target turrets ! I do not think there is much of an advantage to the Kahles for deer hunting(since I have nice bino's).........I think it was a little clearer at dark but not all that much bright or any easier to see a deer to shoot. I think I could have "ground checked" a little easier with the Kahles but could not see a buck and count his points with the kahles and not with the conquest ! I guess I am trying to say that if you think there will be a big difference........you will be disappointed......if you realize that it costs a lot for a slight increase then maybe you will get what you expect !

I just sold my Swarovski also and bought a Bushnell 6500 and spent the extra on a gun !

Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2009 at 19:07
Ok.. just checking ...the comparo you stated between the conquest and the Kahles ? to each his own thats why we have choices my main concern was the magnafication needed to make a 248 yrd shot on something as large as a deer? but if thats what it takes then I guess. How long have you been hunting?
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2009 at 20:10

I have been hunting/shooting all my life but never long range and never competively. I have been whitetail hunting probably about 20 years but spent most of it bow hunting ! I have gotten into guns for the last 2 years and  got humbled quick shooting at 300 yrds ..........just to keep it on paper ! I would say 90% of the folks I have watched shoot at a true 300 yrd target can not hit a 5 gallon bucket...........any !!

But I realize there are some skilled people on here and my little shot was probably fairly dinky ! But it's my longest whitetail kill and I drilled it ! I also shot a coyote at 404 yrds this year and it happened fast and I shot it on 8x ! So I know it's not necessary..........but it doesn't seem to hurt if your still hunting and have plenty of time (to me anyway)!!

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2009 at 20:23
All is true just confirming sounds like you got it going on, I have to try that bow hunting got a bow but just shoot targets in my yard, I should probably up grade before going afield.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic