OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - opinions re. Bushnell 3200 Elite 3-9x40 Firefly
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

opinions re. Bushnell 3200 Elite 3-9x40 Firefly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new pig hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: opinions re. Bushnell 3200 Elite 3-9x40 Firefly
    Posted: March/15/2009 at 23:45

just picked up a brand-new 3200 Elite, a good opportunity & price I couldn't resist .....  how's it compare on the Rating Scale ??   I seem to recall a 1-to-10 rating scale here at Optics Talk but I'll be whooped if I can find it.

This scope will undoubtedly get some hunting time so I'm curious what the general opinion is for brightness, ruggedness, that sort of thing.

Cheers and Thanks,

Carl

aquajoe View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquajoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2009 at 23:57

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8185
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2009 at 01:17
Funny, but when Bushnell developed the Rainguard coating is actually helped overall lightransmission by somewhere between a half to 1%. No sure if it was intended that way but tests showed it actually boosted light transmission. I'm not gertain where they fall in th scop rating scale and perhaps some other types copied by other compinies might have seem similar benefits, but it seems to me that it ws a welcome bebefits for the Bushnell engineers. Acutually, the light transmissions figures are somwhat artificsl i tht they only tell part of the wholw picture. The 4200 offer better contract, resolution and a brighter sharper picture overall. This is not to say that the 3200 is a substandard, but the 4200 are built to a much stronger design as evident in their recoil ratings. In short, when you get a 3200, you are not getting a substandard scope. I believe they are every bit as good of scpe as say a Lwupold VX2 which is no slough either.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2009 at 05:40
Me, too. I would compare the 3200 with a Leupold VX-II.  I had one and it was a nice scope.  Bucky
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Bullet74 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bullet74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2009 at 06:32
How's does the Firefly look. Is it the new Narrow firefly?
A BAD DAY HUNTING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2009 at 13:32
I have the 3200 Firefly.Nice scope for under $200. I like the scope better than my VXII which cost more.I have it mounted on a Remington 700 in 35 Whelen for over four years without a single problem.The raingaurd & firefly reticle worked well for me this past opening day when started to rain.I had a deer 100 yards away and was able to see that it was indeed a buck.Sightron Big Sky has a climate control feature that works. 
new pig hunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new pig hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2009 at 18:34

yes, that was the rating scale I was thinking of, Thanks Much !!

Cheers,

Carl

medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2009 at 03:23
I have the Elite 3200 3x9x50 firefly mounted on a Ruger #1 25-06...I LOVE IT...
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic