OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Spotting Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold 12x40x60

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 12ptdroptine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold 12x40x60
    Posted: March/08/2009 at 15:05
I bought a new Leupold 12x40x60 . Before I bought I looked through as many as I could get ahold of. I was wondering is there a way to increase the power? I know that some optic companie's offer "Doubler's" for their bino's. I looked at the eyepiece and their isnt any threads there.. I wouldnt want to void the warranty by removing anything. I have used it out to 200yds at the range and have no complaints what-so-ever . I have no need at this time to increase the power..Just wondering if there is that option if so desired in the future. Thanks Drop
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 22:19
There are a couple of companies (Vortex and  Bushnell) that make "doublers" that do not require any kind of thread.  They are friction-fit units.  I don't know if they would fit on your scope's eyepiece (they won't fit on my Golden Ring binocular) but, it might be worth giving it a try.
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic