OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Best Riflescope under 100 Bucks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hungarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Riflescope under 100 Bucks
    Posted: March/07/2009 at 18:44
I am sorry to bother you guys with this trivial question but I need some advice. I only have 100 bucks to spend on a 3x9x40 scope for a .22-250 rifle. Okay, more like only 50 bucks but I can save up for the rest. I see simmons, barska, bsa, tasco and bushnell offering scopes for this price range. Which scope would offer the best quality at that price range? Thanks in advance for your replies !
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2009 at 18:48
If that is your top dollor than look at the Bushnell Trophy line?  look here at www. Riflescopes.com/ or www.swfa.com..... this site sponsor.     welcome to the OT.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2009 at 18:52
  Here ya go:

I've got a 2-7x32 Prohunter on a 7lb .30-06 and it's doing just fine. In fact I'm going to be ordering one of those 3-9x40's in the next few weeks myself.
Hungarian View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hungarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2009 at 19:54
Thanks guys !!!
madcratebuilder View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madcratebuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 07:13
I would really recommend you save a little longer and look at something like this Pentax.
http://www.eabco.com/
I know it's over your budget, but I think in the long run you well be much happier.  Lot of scope for the money.  Have you looked at the Mueller scopes?
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 10:44

I've had pretty good luck with the Bushnell Trophy line in the past, I'd also look consider a used/reconditioned scope off the sample list.  Samplelist.com

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 10:52
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

I've had pretty good luck with the Bushnell Trophy line in the past, I'd also look consider a used/reconditioned scope off the sample list.  Samplelist.com

Me too...
HOLLOWPOINT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 13:42
http://www.swfa.com/pc-6003-786-barska-3-9x40-huntmaster-rifle-scope.aspx

or better still

I mean it's "world class", isn't it?!? Wink

Just kiddin'............. Big Grin

My advice: scrimp'n'save a wee lil' bit longer and buy that:

Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. Thomas Paine
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 13:52
A used one in great condition...........Bucky      
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 19:42
+1 the Simmons Prohunter. The optics are very good for the price.

Edited by sholling - March/08/2009 at 20:04
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 19:55
10025 BSA 4-16x40 Mil-Dot MD416X40IR, Matte finsih, illuminated Mil Dot reticle, 1" tube, adjustable objective 15yds infinity, target knobs, fast focus eye piece, light ring marks $185.00 $84.95
I dont think any of these will be a long term solution but this has a lot of nice features.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 22:21
If you do a little shopping you may find some other better scopes like the Nikon ProStaff or Bushnell Legend.Any of the above scopes should work the older Japan made Tasco or Bushnell scopes are your best bet.
Longhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 23:50
Bushnell!
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 00:33
My vote goes to the Simmons Prohunter. I own one of these and for the price I believe it is a  good scope.
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 06:54
 +1
Al Nyhus View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Nyhus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 11:03
    For $119.95, S.W.F.A. has the Sightron S1 series 3-9X42.  I recommended one to a coworker for his son's budget 25-06 and it's performed very well.    -Al
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 11:13
  Got an SI 3-9x40 also.  GOOD scope if want to spend a bit more than your $100 H!
big boar View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big boar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 16:49
This is pretty good,  the stuff I look for is high quality scopes and binos and I spend a LOT of wasted time going over this site getting opinions on these. Now a guy comes along, asks for help on some cheaper stuff and he gets lots of good advise. Very impressed.  
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 18:01
  We aim to please,bb!        Plus some of us are of meager means.
catt_tracker View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catt_tracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2009 at 18:34
pentax 4-12 for 59.00 would be my choice
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic