OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper or Millett?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 17:30
Hey 5 what part of Alabama you in?  We should get hold of Kick boxer and go shooting sometime. PM me!!! 
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
matc View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 17:52
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Five, I don't have any affiliation with SWFA other than a happy customer. I've owned both scopes. See FOP range report for my review of a SS.  LOL 

Buy the Super Sniper and don't waste your money.

that is very fine shooting good job to anybody that can do that.
but did you look at the reply and post I made ? I don't think it justify that your ss is better NO?
I could give you a few year of targets that was used with a millett. The new 223 is all new rifle scope and all and with only 11 rounds is under .5 and that is with finding zero at 50 and 100 yards. you can see it for yourself.
With that said I would not say that you wasted your money and your scope is junk. because its not but you have no problem telling me I wasted mine. For what ? There is nothing you can do with your scope that I can't do just as good or better with a millet. This could be do to your shooting skills and mine not the scope. so this proves nothing.
I will tell you that my millett that I have on my 308 will hold its zero from 100 to 500. belive me I tyed to find I week spot on the scope and came up with nothing. I would go from 100 to 500 to 300 and so on . It pasted or I would be singing a diffrent tune.

I am not saying to go out and by a millett but if the ss is so much better I want to know because I would like to get one but I need real info.

thank you for all the replys and not trashing  I guess I will just have to get one but I will not be selling any milletts for itWhacko

matt

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 17:56
The SS is a nice scope.  I got one recently and while I have only put it on a .22 rimfire, I like it a lot.  The adjustments are precise the glass is very very nice for a $400 scope.  And if you spend some time reading reports of them they are crazy tough.  From withstanding .50 cal rifles to being run over by a truck and everything between a Super Sniper has been there and done that. 

I have never even looked through a Millet, but there is a lot of talk of quality control issues and subpar optical quality with them.  But for the price you pay what more can you expect. 

That is where the SS really shines, you are actually getting more than you pay for.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Dave Wilson View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Wilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 20:27
don't have a dog in this hunt. but i'm selling my Leupold and getting a SS for my dedicated long range rig.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 22:19
If your dealer recommends NcStar this should tell you a lot. How does he feel about BSA?Between the Millet and SS it may depend on how you plan to use the scope. If using for target I would get the SS. If hunting that may get very close and fast, the variable may be the best for you. Technically the SS should out preform the Millet. But if you have running game up close the variable will be better if at low power to give a wider field of view. It has to be your decision.

Edited by 3_tens - March/09/2009 at 22:21
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2009 at 00:21
I put a millet tactical scope in my collimator.
It was just one scope and it was new.
the tracking on the turrets was terrible, there was not the same adjustments on the vindage and elevation.
And the shift problems was the worst I have seen so far.

So in my world to call this ok, is like saying that that Obama is likely to lighten up the gun laws....

Technika
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2009 at 00:49
Originally posted by fivefdp1010 fivefdp1010 wrote:

I just purchased a Remington model 700 Police sniper .308, with heavy barrell, H-S Precision stock, the fancy trigger, all the bells and whistles.  The only delimma is that I cannot decide between the Super Sniper 10X or 16X, or the Millett 4-16X50.  I have never used a fixed power scope and have often used variable power.  I would appreciate any and all replys, Thanks you!
Well if you have all the other bells and whistles why are you stopping short of what you really seem to want in a scope.  Forget Millet entirely and decide you can live with a Super Sniper for the bargain price or you cant live with a fixed power and need something like this:
251421 IOR 2.5-10x42 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope                                                                                 IOR 2.5-10x42 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Illuminated MP-8
  • 30mm
  • First Focal Plane Reticle
SWFA: $1,039.95
More Info... Buy Now

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2009 at 07:41
With that, I agree.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2009 at 16:45
Matc, I apologize if I somehow offended you!!  What I am says is I have had a Millett scope. It would not track worth a toot! Sent it back, got a new one. Steve does a good job of customer service, but that one was junk too. I gave it to a kid that needed a scope and didn't have cash to buy one.  The super sniper is a Great scope for the price. If the man's budget was more I'd give him other options like Wes did.  But between the Millet and the SS.  IMHO SS wins hands down.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2009 at 19:36
Steely is a shameless SWFA shill!!
(Grin)
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2009 at 03:07
Embarrased   Great scope, Great price.  what's not to like.  Use the savings for reloading supplies. Thunbs Up 
fivefdp1010 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fivefdp1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2009 at 21:39
Oh believe me I would LOVE the opportunity to be able to drop a $1000 or more on a scope, I really would!  However, I have other obligations that prevent it at present (wife, kids, bills, public schools constantly nagging for another dollar)  maybe in the near future,  it will be possible.  It took me a long time to be able to buy this rifle, if it takes me another 3 or 4 months to get a more premium scope then so be it, I just want to get this badboy out and put rounds downrange.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2009 at 19:00
Five my Brother I know your pain!!!
I have one in "T" town now and one will start right after that one gets out.
Oh yea, I know your pain!!!
fivefdp1010 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fivefdp1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2009 at 20:06
LOL...yeah, I guess its rough all over for everyone right now!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic