OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

My Elite 4200 1.25-4x24 review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetwrnch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Elite 4200 1.25-4x24 review
    Posted: March/07/2009 at 14:37
These are my backyard observations of the above mentioned scope:
  • brightness settings 1-6 are basically the same
  • 7-11 get brighter
  • none are dim enough for low light use
  • it's heavy but then again it is a Bushnell Elite
  • great field of view
  • not what I would call "comfortable" to look through but no real reason why
  • fit and finish typical Elite quality
Good scope for it's intended use if weight is not an issue and low light is not a factor. I never mounted it before trading it off so I assume all else is typical of the series. I wrote this because I couldn't find any other reviews so take it for what it's worth. Bottom line is "it ain't no Trijicon", although it does have a better field of view and Rainguard.
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2009 at 14:50
why did you unload it?
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 22:28
I had one too for a bit

I put a 1.5v battery to dim it better for low light hunting

this is an interesting comment:

• not what I would call "comfortable" to look through but no real reason why
felt the same way, nothing I could put my finger on though, just didn't seem "right"

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 06:39

Peeker     ( I always take cover when jetwrnch is talking about his experiences.........I'm afraid of asteroids striking him on the shooting range ...or the Black Plague ...or something...)    

Roll on Floor Laughing
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
jetwrnch View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetwrnch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 11:49
I concluded that it was too heavy and too bright for my intended application. I just didn't feel any excitement if that makes sense. The discontinued Cencored 4200 1.5-6x36 with Firefly is a better option (for me) in my opinion, so dats what I got. For illumination the Trijicon wins hands down due to the lack of batteries, 6 ounces lighter, and a better brightness adjustment. Time will tell how well the Trijicon performs overall. For cost benefit the above 1.5-6x36 Elite is a better option. All just one anal retentive man's humble opinion.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2009 at 08:19
I have a Burris Eurodiamond 1.5-6x40 with a lit german#4 reticle on my 6.8

it's a better scope than the Bushnell 4200 1.25-4 and both of the IOR Valdada 1.1-4 CQB scopes I had (older and latest version)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic