OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Sig Select LRS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTD0314 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Sig Select LRS
    Posted: March/06/2009 at 09:12
Does anybody have any first hand experience with the illuminated Burris Sig Select?  THe 3-10 illuminated b-plex appears to be fairly light for an illuminated scope.
JTD0314 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTD0314 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2009 at 23:40

anyone???????????????

helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 14:18
Can't really comment on the illumination part for the Sig Sel.  The Sig Sel is a nice scope.  Would compare optically to the Elite 4200 or Monarch.  As for the illumintation, I have the Burris XTR illuminated.  It works great, although in bright daylight it will fade out.  I don't use mine in the bright light.  You don't need it.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
JTD0314 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTD0314 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 17:47
That is what I was hoping to hear.  If it wasn't for the weight, I would go with an illuminated VX-L. 
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 18:10
What about Trijicon accupoint scopes?

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - March/08/2009 at 18:21

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 19:23
Is the Trijicon worth the extra money?
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
JTD0314 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTD0314 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 22:21

I didn’t realize the crosshair with the tritium dot is now available. I have the amber triangle version mounted on a Browning Shorttrac 308 and I can’t say enough good things about this setup. I didn’t want another triangle because I was looking for something a little more precise at 3-500 yards. This is now definitely an option.

As far as Trijicon being worth the money: The glass is as good, if not better than my Nikon Monarchs, the reticle is my personal favorite when it comes to low light hunting and the customer service is second to none. I purchased mine second hand with no paperwork and about a year after I purchased it, a small crack appeared below the cover that allows light to the reticle. I called Trijicon and was told to send it back. Two weeks later the scope was returned to me repaired with no charge. Great company and product as far as I am concerned.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic