OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone know a good 30mm ring/mount for grooved...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Anyone know a good 30mm ring/mount for grooved...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourinone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone know a good 30mm ring/mount for grooved...
    Posted: March/05/2009 at 19:47
Hi; Just wonder if any of you know off the top of your head a good 30mm ring/mount that fits a grooved rimfire receiver? It's going on an Anshutz 64 22lr. Thanks for any help and I'll start looking myself.
Can you see me now...
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2009 at 20:42
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
fourinone View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourinone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 03:29
Thanks for turning me on to BKL. Looks like some good quality ring mounts. So far all I found was the B-Square conversion mounts, but was not sure what groove they are made to fit. It looks like the BKL will work in a couple or more grooves. Thanks again
Can you see me now...
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 08:56
http://www.swfa.com/c-67-talley-mounts.aspx   Talley may have something also.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 10:21
Originally posted by fourinone fourinone wrote:

Hi; Just wonder if any of you know off the top of your head a good 30mm ring/mount that fits a grooved rimfire receiver? It's going on an Anshutz 64 22lr. Thanks for any help and I'll start looking myself.

I used a Warne Maxima 2 piece Weaver-style base and Burris Signature Zee rings on mine. Due to the design of my 64 MPR I was forced to use "high" rings to get enough clearance between the heavy barrel and a Weaver T-24. The mediums weren't quite tall enough to let the scope clear.

Edited by sholling - March/06/2009 at 10:24
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
fourinone View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourinone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 12:13
Thanks guys. I'm still doing the math to try and get a close fit.
Can you see me now...
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 12:25
Keep in mind that if you have an MPR you have none of the usual fudge factor.

Edit: If memory serves I tried the Tallyes and didn't like them. I recommend the weaver/Burris setup.

Edited by sholling - March/06/2009 at 12:42
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

fourinone View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourinone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 17:09
Well BKL are too tall. Talley, not sure they make ring mounts for a 30mm to fit on what I'm told to be a 11mm dovetail? B-Square, they were sold to someone new and only one person from B-Square is with the new company. He is stretched too thin and can't talk to me. They "B-Square has a 30mm Air Sport ringmount part#25030 low matt finish that I kind of like but one web site shows it to measure .531" from base to belly of scope and one person from B-Square or the new company told me it was .125" So that's quite a difference, I wish people would know their own product better. Anyway I figured one that measures .440" would be pretty close to perfeact. So I may settle for the .531" B-Square if it really is that? The gun is not drilled and tapped and belongs to a friend who don't want to change it. The gun is an Anshutz Woodchucker 22lr Thanks for the ideas.
PS sholling... What is "MPR"??
Can you see me now...
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 18:50
I'm going to suggest that you take this question to the Anschutz forum at rimfirecentral. Someone will know that rifle inside and out.

To answer your question this is an Anschutz 64 MPR. It's their entry level competition rifle.

fourinone View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourinone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 19:01
Thanks sholling....a picture is worth a thousand words. Nice rifle by the way! I may go to rimfire central and post there. Oh by the way, the B-Square man did call and leave a message. He said this mount is .385" Now I wish I knew the height of the med. version, part#25032 if I remember correctly?
Can you see me now...
woodchuckergal View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodchuckergal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2009 at 18:09
You said this is for an Anschutz Woodchucker .22 rifle? What scope will you be putting on the gun? I put a Bushnell .22 Varmint on my Woodchucker a few years ago, and it works great for me. It came with 1" rings (at least I think they are 1") and everything.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2009 at 19:25
Warne may have some rings that work with your rail.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2009 at 23:18
I like Warne a lot!  Get their torque wrentch and you'll be set!
take em!
Rong1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2009 at 02:38
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic