OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

BSA Optics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericsyale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BSA Optics
    Posted: March/04/2009 at 10:44
Recently I purchased the New BSA Stealth Tactical scope for use on my AR15.  When the package arrived I opened it and went directly to the range to setup the scope.  I setup a 3x4 target at 50 yards and fired a 3-shoot group.  None of the rounds hit the target.  I then aimed at each corner of the target and fired 3-shot groups in the hope of having some foundation from which to make adjustments...none of the 15 rounds fired hit the target. 

I attempted to make the recommended changes identified in the manual only to find out the adjusters on both ends were broken.  I contacted BSA to send the unit back only to have the customer service rep tell me the scope was fine, I just didn't know how to use it.  I'm a former sniper and if there is anything I know how to do its setup a scope.  After some discussion, the gal agreed to send me a UPS return label - she lied, as no return label was ever sent.

I then began a trail of correspondence with BSA that included faxes, Emails and 15 telephone calls in which I was on hold for 11 minutes before given the opportunity to leave a voice mail and then you are disconnected.  I left 15 voice mails.

None of the correspondence was addressed by anyone at BSA Optics.  I contacted the shipment point which is Houston. MO. and traced the address to a company that has nothing to do with BSA Optics.  

I finally talked to BSA's Finance Dept. Albert Chang, conveyed the story to him and now I am awaiting a follow-up to my request to either refund my money or send me the UPS label so I can return this defective product...this has been a nightmare!

Has anyone else had issues with BSA Optics?

Thanks,

Eric
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 12:13
Fortunately, no, for reasons you already mentioned, and a few others.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
ericsyale View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericsyale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 13:20
Thanks
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 19:03
Why the heck did you pick a BSA?
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 19:54
Dang Eric hate to hear you've been taken advantage of.  Welcome to the OT.  I wish you would have stopped by this site before you laid out your cash.  We would have put you on to a super sniper.
http://www.swfa.com/pc-4304-2760-swfa-ss-10x42-tactical-riflescope.aspx

One and a half times the price ONE HUNDRED TIMES THE SCOPE!!!

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 20:04
I'm sorry for your luck.  If you can get your money back, I'd get the super sniper.
ericsyale View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericsyale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 20:53
Brain fart...never again.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2009 at 15:47
I'd like to say I've never had a brain fart but I would be a liar if I said anything of the sort!!!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2009 at 18:57
B (better) S (stay) A (away) I had same problem learned the hard way when you buy cheap junk thats what you get NO surprises really.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 17:36
BSA has very bad QC problems.  You always take a chance when purchasing one.  There ARE success stories with BSA and I have had a couple.  I would, however, be willing to "throw away" any $ spent on one, because there is no guarantee it will perform.  BSA builds some "tacticool" looking scopes and some of them work.  Generally, they are worth what you pay for them... or less.  Decisions on optics should be based upon a lot more than advertising or even someone else's recommendation.  It is OK to take a recommendation if you have some idea of the general quality and history of performance.  If you don't have a knowledge of the optics, get a LOT of recommendations which are based upon experience.  If someone recommends something to you, DO THEY OWN IT??  And, even it they do, it is only their personal experience.  Always get a second opinion.  In the case of optics, get a lot more.  
I had a great flight instructor once.  He told me that he NEVER wanted to hear me say I did something because someone told me to.  "Why, if they are an instructor or have more experience, why would I not do what they told me to?"  His answer was PERFECT... he said "what if they don't like you?"  Get a second, third, fourth opinion, get some firsthand experience.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
HOLLOWPOINT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2009 at 15:00
He who buys chinese junk shall not complain! Roll Eyes
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. Thomas Paine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic