OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Since the camera is out....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Since the camera is out....
    Posted: March/03/2009 at 22:05
Well since the camera is out I thought I would take pix of the arsenal.

Browning BAR 22LR........ SWEET!

Edited by budperm - March/05/2009 at 09:15
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 22:18

For some reason This string doesn't like my S&W 9mm.

AH, It didn't like the "&" in pic file name.

Edited by budperm - March/05/2009 at 09:16
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 22:24
Ran out of batteries will recharge and finish arsenal in teh morning!
Pillow Time!!!  See everybody in the morning!

Sleep  Sleep Sleep   SleepSleepSleepSleep
--Thomas Jefferson

8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 04:59
Gee,
I wish I had so many firearms that I need two sets of batteries to photograph them!

Nice so far!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 06:41
Good selection...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 07:58
 Been wanting to see that 8mm.  I thank you and BATFE thanks you to.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 09:07
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Making a list for them are you?  Still not done. 

I should have done this long ago for insurance cataloging purposes!

I feel like I am missing something...... Oh well I casn always add it later.

Edited by budperm - March/05/2009 at 09:16
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 09:10
I need to fill out in the High powered long guns.  I plan on a 223 1st maybe a Sav 12BVSS or if I can find one a Sav Tigershark.  After that a 30cal then maybe somethin bigger still...375H&H???
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 09:13

I put a MOJO peep on the rear per ILya's suggestion and it made a world of difference.  I've only shot it standing but am hitting paper religiously at 100 ysds with it, so....

I want to clean it up without really modifying it.  In a pinch I would hunt with it now!
--Thomas Jefferson

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 09:19
   DEFINITELY get your ducks in a row on the insurance issue!  You never know when something might happen.
   I've got I don't even know how many firearms stuffed under beds. My safe is full. Thing of it is only two under the beds are mine. You'd think I was running an armory or something.
   A .375 H+H would be nice. Or even a 35 Whelen.

Edited by 300S&W - March/04/2009 at 09:20
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 09:25
.35 whelen would be nice i considered one before i bought my .375
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 09:34
 I also considered the Whelen,or .338-06,before going with the 9.3x62mm. In the end I just felt the old Mauser ought to be chambered in an old German/African cartridge.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 09:35
there isnt anything wrong with the  9.3 either
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 09:50
 REALLY. The more I find out about how widely respected it was in the past the more I'm glad I went with it.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 10:19

,before going with the 9.3x62mm. In the end I just felt the old Mauser ought to be chambered in an old German/African cartridge.

Good God man...Does it take two to fire it?  One to hold and one to aim and squeeze?
I have never heard of a 9.3mm do you have to load your own?
--Thomas Jefferson

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 10:29
How do you like the Beretta??
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 10:32
    Although I haven't shot it yet(did a number on my hand with a putty knife)I'm hoping I can handle it alone. LOL  Did a calculation on recoil and my .300 recoils with 10 ft lbs more than my Mauser,38.4 vs 28.4. I've got everthing I need to reload except powder but until then I bought a box of these:
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 11:03

Although I haven't shot it yet(did a number on my hand with a putty knife)I'm hoping I can handle it alone. LOL  Did a calculation on recoil and my .300 recoils with 10 ft lbs more than my Mauser,38.4 vs 28.4. I've got everthing I need to reload except powder but until then I bought a box of these:

I would be more concerned with your shoulder than your hand with that thing.  Well you would be ready to tackle some cape buffalo now.  I ran across this link when just checking the 9.3mm out http://www.chuckhawks.com/bullet.htm.
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 11:04
some day i plan to go after one of them with my .375, sounds like fun dont it??
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 11:12
Originally posted by 8shots 8shots wrote:

Gee,
I wish I had so many firearms that I need two sets of batteries to photograph them!

Nice so far!
  I'm not buying that 8s, you probably have twice as many guns in one room as I do in the entire house!
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic