OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bad Bullets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad Bullets
    Posted: March/02/2009 at 08:45

I AM NOT KNOCKING NOSLER BULLETS. The Accubonds are really great bullets. I use them for hunting and punching paper in 3 different rifles. I was loading a few 280's this weekend. I had 3 boxes of the same lot number and I ran across one box where the bullets were just not right. It was 48 of the 50 that were like this is one way or another. These are not seconds. If I was sold seconds it was not to my knowledge. The grooves on the bullets and indented and not just marks but have little grooves.

The 2 one the left are good ones fromt he first box 

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 08:59
 If your interested Bd: http://www.shootersproshop.com/?p=25

I'm SURE they'll want to know about them.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 09:07
I shot them an email. I'll keep you posted on there customer service.

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 09:20
   Thunbs Up  Heard it's good but haven't used it. GOOD LUCK!
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 09:20
Wow. I take it that you are wearing the gloves for forensic testing and dusting for fingerprints etc?
Jokes aside, that is rather strange and must be the result of some mix-up at QC level.
Keep us posted.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 09:32
10-4 I'll keep a post on how it turns out. I wear the gloves so I don't get powder all over myself. The fingers make a great powder trickler.

swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 12:37
I'd be upset too!  Nosler bullets arent cheap...I'm sure they will make it right.  I hope you get an extra box or two for your trouble.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 14:08
Dang BD, I would not run one of those things through any rifle I intended to keep or fire. I would also measure the OD of those critters.  Yikes!!!, that would scare me off them in a hurry.  If they didn't catch that, what else did they miss.  Sorry Nosler, but a gun blowing up in someones face IS NOT FUNNY. and with QC like that, they don't need enemies!!!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 17:45
UMMM.....HMMMM.......I hope Nosler gets this staightened out.  I buy Nosler Partitions and have never seen this.  Nosler generally makes good products and I like supporting a family owned company.  I hope they work this out.  Please keep us posted.
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 19:04
Hopefully they will set you up with a ton of replacements ....if those are just grooves shoot em just don't load em hot!    that is unless they want you to return them?
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 19:27
Thats the new  barcoded ammo .  Roll on Floor Laughing After June 30 thats all you can get.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 19:59
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Thats the new  barcoded ammo .  Roll on Floor Laughing After June 30 thats all you can get.

Roll on Floor Laughing

Lucky if you can even find that around here now! I think I just bought the last box of Large Rifle Mag. primers in the country. Man stuff is getting hard to find right now.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 08:47
thats a weird one for sure!!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 08:50
I sent nosler an email but I have not heard anything yet.

Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 14:00
Mike from Nosler just called me and says he will take care of it.

Edited by Bigdaddy0381 - March/03/2009 at 14:00

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 14:05
did he have any idea of what was going on?? ive never seen anything like that before.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 14:07
He said he has seen it before.He says it is when it's cold and they transport them they will spin in the boxes. I can't think thats what dose it but I'm not bullet guru ether. he says he will fix so we will see. he didn't want to look at the pic's ether

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 14:10
they spin in the boxes and caused that?? hmm, well im sure that they didnt leave the factory in that condition, they visually inspect every bullet they package. so i guess its possible. in fact the name of the guy who does the visual check is in my nosler manual.

Edited by pyro6999 - March/03/2009 at 14:15
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 14:10
The cause was, "they spin in the boxes"?

Sometimes you gotta Cowboy Up and say, "we screwed up."  I'll stick with Sierra, they never seem to spin in the box on me.

That's disappointing, I was considering trying a few Noslers on my new 300WM.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 14:13
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

He said he has seen it before.He says it is when it's cold and they transport them they will spin in the boxes. I can't think thats what dose it but I'm not bullet guru ether. he says he will fix so we will see. he didn't want to look at the pic's ether

excuse me, but that looks to danged uniformed to be random act of a bullet move around in the box.  I would still put a mic to some of those groves.

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic