OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Sako quad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxdun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sako quad
    Posted: March/01/2009 at 20:52
I just bought a Sako Quad rifle. It comes with 4 barrels. 22LR, 17Mach2, 22WMR, and 17HMR.  To change the barrel you have to pull up slightly on it. 

Does anybody know what height scope rings and types scopes will fit so you don't have to take the scope off to change the barrel, I like this place and will buy scope and rings here. 

I understand you can't have the same zero on these.

I plan on using this gun from 50 to 150 yards or more if possible. Plink, target, and hopefully small varmint. [I have a larger gun for when its windy]

I have read that Burris makes a 3X9 quad scope for this gun. Will it work? Is it available?

I was thinking of something 5-700 dollars or less would be good.

If anyone is familiar with this gun please help.----Thanks Max
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2009 at 22:07
I would be looking at a Kahles multizero. Much better glass than the Burris and will allow you to do the same thing. Also the Kahles is more in line with a fine rifle like the Sako. Look on the sample list and I think you can find something about the $700 mark.

But the Burris you are asking about I think is this.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-12475-203-burris-3-9x40-fullfield-ii-rifle-scope.aspx

And SWFA should be able to tell you which rings you need.

Hope this helps.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2009 at 23:42
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

I would be looking at a Kahles multizero. Much better glass than the Burris and will allow you to do the same thing. Also the Kahles is more in line with a fine rifle like the Sako. Look on the sample list and I think you can find something about the $700 mark.

But the Burris you are asking about I think is this.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-12475-203-burris-3-9x40-fullfield-ii-rifle-scope.aspx

And SWFA should be able to tell you which rings you need.

Hope this helps.

+1 on the Kahles.  Although I have a FFII on my 17 HMR and really like it.  The Burris will work fine for you if you want to spend less. For the rings, you could use quick detach so that you can take the scope off to change the barrels.

Edited by helo18 - March/01/2009 at 23:44
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
farscott View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 05:35
I have the Burris Quad scope on my Quad with low rings on a US Optics base.  Good scope for the application.  The Kahles would be nice, but the cost would be close to three times the Burris scope.  I do not think the Kahles scope is three times the optic the Burris is.

Without the US Optics base, you can use the 11mm dovetail medium rings and clear the scope when swapping barrels.
Scott
maxdun View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxdun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 12:01
Thanks for the quick replies. I think I will call SWFA for help as soon as I figure out the scope.

I did buy a Conquest because of this forum and I tried to buy another scope here that was on back order, so of coarse I am impatient and paid a little more locally. 
pass-thru View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pass-thru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 08:08
I hope you don't mind my asking, what was the price of the quad?
farscott View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 12:29
I paid $420 from my synthetic-stocked Quad with the .22 LR barrel.  I bought the extra barrels for $200 each, and the extra magazines ran me about $35 each.
Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic