OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Weather Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What is this stuff.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is this stuff.
    Posted: March/01/2009 at 08:39
I know for the rest of y'all this is mild and normal.  But for us, this is a big event!!!

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2009 at 13:24
Fun stuff isn't it?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2009 at 13:26
Coming this way now, Mike. Sleeting like heck right now at my place.

Pretty picture. 
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2009 at 17:37
Sorry about the white stuff!!!! 78 and mostly sunny in central az today. 

Edited by billyburl2 - March/01/2009 at 17:47
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 06:56

SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 16:20
Darn global warming.  Thought we were done with this, suppose to be too hot to snow.  Nice pics though, especially since I don't have to go out in it.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 17:44
Originally posted by SD Dog SD Dog wrote:

Darn global warming.  Thought we were done with this, suppose to be too hot to snow.  Nice pics though, especially since I don't have to go out in it.

Yea rub it in!!!Wink
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2009 at 17:48
Sunday:

Three sides of my house.  This is, by the way, what I hunt in regularly.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 09:58
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Yea rub it in!!!Wink

Sorry, In SD we have this for up to 6 months.  When I see it other places, shudder and think "been there done that" and glad it was me again.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 14:28
Oh, I was just joking.  We haven't had snow in B'ham in something like 3000 days, longer in south central Alabama. Dan can you remember the last time it snow here?  Was it the blizzard of 93?  LOL

Edited by Steelbenz - March/04/2009 at 14:28
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 14:31
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Sunday:

Three sides of my house.  This is, by the way, what I hunt in regularly.  

that looks like the 4th of july in wyoming where i grew up
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 14:48
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Oh, I was just joking.  We haven't had snow in B'ham in something like 3000 days, longer in south central Alabama. Dan can you remember the last time it snow here?  Was it the blizzard of 93?  LOL

I hear ya Wink.  My uncle moved from Denver to Raleigh.  Used to snow and the cold etc.  Now when he comes back at Christmas to SW Minnesota, he can't believe how cold it is etc and complains to no end.  We think it is funny.  It is all what you are used too.  I hope the snow don't cause you too much trouble.  It is amazing how people forget how to operate in it.

SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 14:50
Nice to have hunting close by KB.  Would it be wrong to have a shooting platform on the back deck?  Neighbors might not understand, but at least that way you could step out in your robe and get diner.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 14:54
I know it is not much in the way of snow, but more than we have had in my area in a few years. 
Pyro, the first time I went to Cold Lake, Canada for a mission, it was in July and was 35 degrees when I got there.  During the course of conversation I asked what they did there in the summer.  The guy said, "if it falls on a weekend, we have a picnic". 
I realize how "pampered" we are, weatherwise, in Alabama.  Just thought some of you would find our big "snow storm" humorous. 

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 14:56

Nice to have hunting close by KB.  Would it be wrong to have a shooting platform on the back deck?  Neighbors might not understand, but at least that way you could step out in your robe and get diner.
Wife and children won't let me... all the deer that come close to the house are "named".  Anything with a name I am not allowed to shoot, even if it is not NEAR the house. 

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 14:58

I know it is not much in the way of snow, but more than we have had in my area in a few years. 
Pyro, the first time I went to Cold Lake, Canada for a mission, it was in July and was 35 degrees when I got there.  During the course of conversation I asked what they did there in the summer.  The guy said, "if it falls on a weekend, we have a picnic". 
I realize how "pampered" we are, weatherwise, in Alabama.  Just thought some of you would find our big "snow storm" humorous. 

i did!! i was listening to the radio and they said cold weather and snow in much of the south and i thought oh lord, thats all them boys need is snow and cold.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 15:00
The biggest accumulation we had was on the table and chairs...

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 15:01
My wife and kid made a snow man. this is a first for my 2 year old. He was amazed with it and the snow.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 16:00
BD, you never forget the first time you see it.  Kind of like the ocean, first time I saw, just stood there a while taking it all in.  

SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2009 at 16:04

Wife and children won't let me... all the deer that come close to the house are "named".  Anything with a name I am not allowed to shoot, even if it is not NEAR the house. 

Mother in Law was the same.  Had deer around in Central IA.  Thought they were "cute", until one jump out in front of her on the highway and totaled her new car.  I believe I heard the term, "Kill them, kill them all now" and she now looks forward to deer season. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic