OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kickboxer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kickboxer
    Posted: February/27/2009 at 11:40
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 11:40
Fyi the bag is about 5 feet in the air.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 11:50
Flying kicks are cute but only effective 1) for show, 2) if you are fighting someone who is not very skilled or has a flaw in their defensive skills, 3) fighting someone who is already tired or dazed and you KNOW you have them beaten.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 12:14
How about someone who is 2 feet taller than you?Big Smile

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 12:17
Seeing as how I am about 6 foot very doubtful and if you are under 6' 6" I could reach. If you're taller than that I have more worries than being able to kick you in the face standing upright. Lol
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 12:24

6' huh? Watch out for the little short guys. They come in under the radar..................sometimes below the belt too.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 12:29
I can and often do "reach" 6'4", more with flying kicks.  How tall is not what will give you advantage/disadvantage, but in how quickly the leg will move.  If you can't move so fast it is invisible, you won't ever get there against an experienced fighter.  But it is always fun to watch.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 12:35
dude your lucky you didnt pull a groin muscle doing that!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 13:12
But KB, it works in the movies!!!!!!  
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 13:17
I'm a short fella. i'll just bust up the ribs and knees and hips untill I can reach the head.I might kick you I might not.most of my kicks are up close and to the knee or hip all depending on the angle and how I feel that day.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 13:19
I'll beat the snot out of you with my walker.
God save the Empire!
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 13:21
KB, do you watch the UFC?  
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 13:21
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

I'll beat the snot out of you with my walker.
Laugh

thats a good one craig!!!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 13:24
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

I'm a short fella. i'll just bust up the ribs and knees and hips untill I can reach the head.I might kick you I might not.most of my kicks are up close and to the knee or hip all depending on the angle and how I feel that day.

I'll hide across the parking lot with my rifle. I don't really care to get hit much anymore. A 9" cast iron skillet to the forehead will do that to a guy.

SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 13:26

BD, I'm 6'6" and 280lb.  Never been in a scrap.  My friends wedding last summer I was the shortest, smallest guy in the wedding party and there was 5 of us.  Finding tuxes was interesting.

Edited by SD Dog - February/27/2009 at 13:27

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 13:27
Originally posted by SD Dog SD Dog wrote:

BD, I'm 6'6" and 280lb.  Never been in a scrap.  My friends wedding last summer I was the shortest, smallest guy there.

who are your friends, nfl linemen???
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 13:30
No, one is the assistant DA for a county in IA, the guy getting married is a banker, two were farmers and then me.  None of us ever played football.  Did dabble in rugby for a while.   The other four played for 6-7 years, I only played of half a season, moved away.

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 13:32
I'm 5'7" or there abouts and 185. you can lear alot about ones self while having some frendly fights. I have a training tool that will just slap drive people into the ground with only useing there legs. I love to see what a new student is made of and how much drive they have on there 3rd class with it. It's only a plastic grocery bag.lol
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 13:32
Now you know why I was never in a scrap.  We did alot of things together, hunting, fishing, booz'n, so when ever we walked in, there was ussually 2-3 of us.  We are all just a bunch of lovable fuzz balls.

SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2009 at 13:34

I'm 5'7" or there abouts and 185. you can lear alot about ones self while having some frendly fights. I have a training tool that will just slap drive people into the ground with only useing there legs. I love to see what a new student is made of and how much drive they have on there 3rd class with it. It's only a plastic grocery bag.lol

Explain please.  Trying boxing in college, just wasn't me.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic