OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Finally! Platform match for NcStar 6-24 x50 AOE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Finally! Platform match for NcStar 6-24 x50 AOE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally! Platform match for NcStar 6-24 x50 AOE
    Posted: February/26/2009 at 10:52
I thought I had wasted my money when shelled out "big" money on ebay for the
NcStar 6-24x50 AOE Illuminated Rangefinder Scope. It didn't seem to like being on top of my custom long range AR. Newbie mistake. Spent all the money on the gun and have nothing left over for optics. I since then replaced it with a SS 10x with Armalite one piece mount.
So I started thinking, what would be a good platform for the NcStar? Then it hit me.
My sons $32.00 Nerf Longshot foamdart gun which I had painted and modified. (I hate orange and blue guns).
The nerf rail mount is not standard, so it took some dremmeling to attach the weaver rings.
However, it is a perfect match in both looks and performance. I know NcStar takes a bad rap on this board, but I could not be happier with this setup. You should see the look on my sons face when he rotated the turret and the red illumination lit up the reticle. Joy!

"Off the grid"...What are you, a freaken Cyborg?
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2009 at 10:59
LOL, that is quite the nerf gun.  Thunbs Up

I got an old Bushnell 4x on my paintball gun, it works great
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2009 at 11:43
You may have found the ideal market for the "Star"! Be sure to ask for royalties.

By the way nice work!
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2009 at 12:08
That's about what I'd do with an NCstar, well used and appropriately appreciated.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
CountryLegend View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CountryLegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2009 at 13:15
Excellent looks good
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2009 at 13:26
I'm going to have me one of those! I wonder what the range is on that nerf gun? Or a better question, how many MOA is needed for 30 yards?Big Smile

Basement range practice...........just need a fan for wind calls!Big Grin

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic