OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope for CZ 527 Prestige

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VinMidWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scope for CZ 527 Prestige
    Posted: April/17/2005 at 02:21

I'm new to this forum and would like some imput on a scope. I'll be getting a CZ 527 Prestige in .223 within the next month and I'll need a scope for it.

After looking at your forum, I think I'll get a Zeiss Conquest.  I'd appreciate any imput on what power and focal length I should get.  The primary uses will be target shooting at 100-200 yards and eventually coyote and/or prairie dog hunting.

I don't think I want anything as large as 50mm as that will probably make for a really tall mount. 

Thanks

V
STWSniper View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STWSniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2005 at 04:32
If you are going with a Conquest you may want to consider the 4.5-14x44. This is plenty of power for varmint shooting and targets. You will be able to mount it with medium rings and have a setup that is mounted close enough to the barrel for comfortable shooting.
ots03 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ots03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2005 at 19:28
 I think that  your czech rifle will look  good with a good czech scope....And meopta makes really good ones ( they are not cheap, but they offer premium european cuality ).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic