OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HIGH SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2008
    Posted: February/25/2009 at 14:54

Scenario 1:

Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack..

2008 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.  

Scenario 2:

Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins.. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2008 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged them with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it. 

Scenario 3:

Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2008 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The school gets extra money from the state because Jeffrey has a disability.  

Scenario 4:

Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt..

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.

2008 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.  

Scenario 5:

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock..

2008   - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.  

Scenario 6:

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 14:56
Supertool,

Didn't you just graduate from high school in 2007 or something?  How do you know about 1957?
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 14:56
Dude, I graduated in 60
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 14:59
That would be a neat trick!  Thought you were born in '79
God save the Empire!
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:01
I just put that in my profile to throw people off.  

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:01
I feel much better now that I know your an old Dude!
God save the Empire!
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:04
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Dude, I graduated in 60

w0w I was -15 in 60.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:05
Yup, and I am dating a 26 year old girl too.  Ah yeah.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:07
i brought my hunting rifle to school with me every day until the columbine thing happened. after that we were asked to at least take our rifles out of the gun racks in the back window and place them behind the seat. the year after i graduated it was illegal to posess a firearm within 1000ft of school property, which is funny in a way because a main stretch of road in the town where i grew up runs right in front of the high school, and there are houses across that street from the school, and i know for  fact that there are guns in those houses. its becoming a joke to live in this current society, to much big brother, to much people trying to protect us from ourselves. im sick of it, if my kid is acting up and has it coming, he's getting it. i was the ritilan kid in elemonkey school, and now i am suffering from the side effects of taking 200mg a day of that sh*t from the time i was in 1st grade until i was a 6th grader.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:10
Pyro, I thought the predominant weapon in society was a "pointy rock" when you went to school.
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:11

Hey Dogger,that's Mr. old Dude to you!   Bucky

Shame that stuffs true! Grrrrr

Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:12

I would like to shake your hand sir!!!!!!!!!. around 67 yrs young and still going strong.

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:12
Scenario 4:

Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt..

This really did happen........ In 1972, and again in 1974, and then I learned my lesson and the next time it was a window in a neighbors house, in 1977 as well. I finally got to where I would just haul ass away from any broken window.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:13
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

I would like to shake your hand sir!!!!!!!!!. around 67 yrs young and still going strong.

Yup, and I still go hunting with my dad every year and my grandpa was over for dinner last night.

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:17
I agree with you 300.

We have definitely been losing ground.  This PC bullsh*t drives me crazy!

p.s. Billy, you were a wild bugger when you were young!

Edited by Dogger - February/25/2009 at 15:18
God save the Empire!
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:18
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

I agree with you 300.

Physically challenged?  politicaly correct?

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:19
Well me, Physically challenged, all else politicaly correct.
God save the Empire!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:21
Originally posted by Ick Ick wrote:

Pyro, I thought the predominant weapon in society was a "pointy rock" when you went to school.

yeah cause im so much older than you are!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 15:23
Only politicians should be P.C. When any one else is it should be labeled as it once was. Wishy Washy, Fickle, Dishonest. There are several others that work as well.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 19:25
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

I agree with you 300.

+1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic