OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

new flat screen??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2009 at 15:38
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

This one would fit your budget.  It is only 720p, but you will need to spend a little more to get one in 1080i  http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN32A450-32-Inch-720p-HDTV/dp/B00141AYIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1235418092&sr=1-1

this is the cnet pick for the small lcd tv of the year, it comes highly reviewed so i may look at this one. best buy is selling it for $597 right now.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-ln32a450/4505-6482_7-32815310.html

The link I gave you is for $545 with free shipping.  We had two of the 3 we got from Amazon.com and shipping was great.  They even brought them in the house for us.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2009 at 16:34
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

This one would fit your budget.  It is only 720p, but you will need to spend a little more to get one in 1080i  http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN32A450-32-Inch-720p-HDTV/dp/B00141AYIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1235418092&sr=1-1

I have to second supertool, I have the 46" Samsung @120hz and love it! Acording to Consumer Report, Samsung, panasonic, sony and pioneer in that order.

When I bought my, I stood at the end of aisle and the Samsung was like a magnet pulling my eyes to it over all the others. 

Edited by budperm - February/23/2009 at 16:35
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2009 at 16:38
From what Consumer Reports says, the newer non Blu-Ray dvd players that up-convert really kinda may Blu-Ray un-necessary.  That way all the older DVDs will loook grest to!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2009 at 16:41
SAMSUNG and dont look back even the 720  at less than 40" is nice I got the 46" 1080 but not the 120hz if you are on the cheap go with the Visio?

Edited by rifle looney - February/23/2009 at 16:42
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2009 at 16:54
Samsung is a great choice but I'd probably look into getting one that's 1080p (progressive scan) full high definition. Broadcasting networks, video media and devices, etc. are all eventually going that route.

The price for the 720p though is very tempting!!!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2009 at 17:04
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

From what Consumer Reports says, the newer non Blu-Ray dvd players that up-convert really kinda may Blu-Ray un-necessary.  That way all the older DVDs will loook grest to!

The older DVD's does look great but it's scary to see the difference when something is shot with cameras using  HD lenses and then played on an i or prefered p platform. There's quite a difference but the key is everything is HD.

We're been installing video conferencing on a customer VOIP network using HD cameras and 1080p TV's and it's truly amazing the clarity.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2009 at 17:19
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

The older DVD's does look great but it's scary to see the difference when something is shot with cameras using  HD lenses and then played on an i or prefered p platform. There's quite a difference but the key is everything is HD.

We're been installing video conferencing on a customer VOIP network using HD cameras and 1080p TV's and it's truly amazing the clarity.
That has to be a cool playtoy!  (the phone system).  I agree, without everything being  HD your hamstringing yourself.  Thats why I paid the extra and got the Samsung 46" 1080P w/ 120Hz refresh and matching Samsung DVD player with up-converter built in.  Truely beautiful picture!
--Thomas Jefferson

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2009 at 19:06

Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

That has to be a cool playtoy!  (the phone system).  I agree, without everything being  HD your hamstringing yourself.  Thats why I paid the extra and got the Samsung 46" 1080P w/ 120Hz refresh and matching Samsung DVD player with up-converter built in.  Truely beautiful picture!

Sounds like a sweet setup bro!! Cool
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2009 at 19:11
Nothing wrong with 720p in the 42" and under catagory.  I also think this is where you get the most for your money, kinda like a 3x9 scope. 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
SChunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SChunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2009 at 10:10
For what it's worth--switched from a 27 inch traditional to 42in panasonic 720 with HDMI--the WII looks great, movies are good, and the price has been advertised @ under $700.
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 06:51
WELL........... Pyro, what did you decide????
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 07:24
Originally posted by scooter65 scooter65 wrote:

WELL........... Pyro, what did you decide????

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 07:36
He is still waiting for his Sargent to Tell him what to think!  LOL
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 08:10
we spent about an hour looking at tv's at best buy and my came to the conclusion that 26" tv is plenty for her. what do you do?? she also said we should wait until i go back to work which i dont disagree with. the samsungs looked very impressive in person.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 10:44
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

we spent about an hour looking at tv's at best buy and my came to the conclusion that 26" tv is plenty for her. what do you do?? she also said we should wait until i go back to work which i dont disagree with. the samsungs looked very impressive in person.

I would advise you to go bigger!  You will be surprised at how quickly you will get used to the new one and just like boats and guns.... you'll always want one 2" bigger than what you've got! Wink

I bought the 46" Samsung and love it, but am already sorry I didn't go 50+"  I would say that 26" would be great for bedroom but NOT the Livingroom!  40' min there, REALLY!!!

Edited by budperm - February/25/2009 at 10:45
--Thomas Jefferson

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 10:46
My wife would faint with 26" in the bedroom......
God save the Empire!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 10:46
our living room is pretty small i dont want a huge tv, making it seem like your sitting in the front row at the imax theater, i still think something between 30-40" is perfect for the size of the room we have.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 10:49
I really like my 32 inch Pyro.  It is a great sized TV in my book. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 10:51
thats what i was thinking, for another $50 my wife noted we could go from 26" to 32 which is the size is wanted to begin with, that samsung is the sh*t, im flat impressed with it. imo, its a better picture than the sony by far. and its the same price.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 10:53
That is the same conclusions my family all came to when we all bought new ones.  They make a very nice TV.  Watching Hi-Def channels is an awesome experience as well.  It is staggering how much better the pic is than regular def tv

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic