OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > The Range Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tigger Time Finally!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tigger Time Finally!!!!
    Posted: February/21/2009 at 22:36
Finally, after 22 days of hospital and 34 days of house arrest (bed rest) I snuck out to the range with the 9mm. It sure wa good to see the fields and hear the ducks down in the swamp again. Anyway set the two 8x11 targets up and crutched to the 20yd. marker. By now I'm breathin hard and the ole back is reminding me of the nice warm couch back home. But no sir! I'm gonna enjoy this if it kills me. I didn't know if I could keep em together but, what do ya think?

20yds. 15 rds. right hand

20yds. 19rds. (finished the box) left hand

Not too bad for one leg balancing on a crutch in a 15mph wind.
I may actually be able to shoot again some day. Sure makes you appeciate having both legs.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 05:17
Looks good, Sarge. What 9mm pistol were you using?  
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 08:04
Have you thought about using a paper sack, like from the grocery story marked with some spray paint at about the upper 2/3rd point?  Check out a book called Hit or Myth by Louis Awerbuck.

I think some dry fire  or air soft will help with the "muscle memory." That should help you rebuild some of the muscles.  You did a good job.  It seems that you were getting back into a groove from your count. 
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 08:55
Glad to see you back in the field, I bet that did alot for your moral.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
matc View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 10:23
that is very good shooting . hope you can make it out again soon

matt
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 11:30
 That's great shooting under rough conditions!
 You must be a very tough fellow, indeed.
 Keep it up, Sir!
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 13:20
Thunbs Up  trigger time is always good for the spirits. more trigger time with pull those groups in.  It'll come back as good or better than before Sarge. Keep it up Bro.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 14:15
Glad you could make it out!  Nice shooting.  I need to spend more range time with my handgun.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 18:22
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Looks good, Sarge. What 9mm pistol were you using?  

One of my soldiers recently back from Iraq wanted my Beretta M9 that is in my avatar and as much as I liked it I had to let him have it. Just by chance one of the gunshops I do repairs for had taken a beauty in on trade the same day. A stainless Beretta M9 with an execellant trigger set. The cash from my buddy was still warm when it hit the counter. It is a joy to shoot and I expect my performance to really tighten up.

I recently received several hundred rounds of Speer 115 reloadable. I'll be progressively having alot of fun! Two Guns
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 18:24
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

Glad to see you back in the field, I bet that did alot for your moral.

Yes Sir, It really did. And thanks to all of you for your thoughts.  Thunbs Up
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 20:25
Center mass, target neutralized.  Good to go, SgtD. 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic