OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

fishermen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fishermen
    Posted: February/21/2009 at 21:06
Another for the fishermen. are there any ocean fishing or deep sea fishers out there I have a really nice AVET JX 4.1:1 gear ratio reel polished silver aluminum, good for 20#/30# line needs a good home. will post pics if needed? please PM.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2009 at 21:25
Those are awesome reels.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 00:44
Sound like someone's done some "long-range fishing" down south. Wink
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 08:14
There's a friend of ours down in Key West who is a Big Game Fisherman ( like Papa Hemingway ) when he isn't summer-ing in Pinedale, Wyoming with the yuppies....

Give him a holler..............Wink
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 08:53
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

There's a friend of ours down in Key West who is a Big Game Fisherman ( like Papa Hemingway ) when he isn't summer-ing in Pinedale, Wyoming with the yuppies....

Give him a holler..............Wink

Big Grin
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 10:12
Here is the reel ... go catch something!

Edited by rifle looney - February/22/2009 at 10:13
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 11:02
that looks like it would be a good catfish rig if you didnt live near salt water.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2009 at 14:08
The reel has been put on hold.. kind of layaway for a member,until further notice thanks for shopping. feel free to ask questions.  Big Smile

Edited by rifle looney - March/13/2009 at 21:54
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2009 at 22:02
 Well it's back up for grabs, and the season is nearing, this is truly an awesome reel! it's just not what I needed with the kind of fishing that I do. By the way it has been used only one trip

Fish

Edited by rifle looney - March/13/2009 at 22:03
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2009 at 22:09
That is a really nice reel.  Deep sea fishing is the only kind I really like to do, but I have not been in YEARS.  I keep trying to get a group together and right when I am about to do a charter, everyone backs out.  I never got to go off the Left Coast... how is it there?
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2009 at 22:29
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

That is a really nice reel.  Deep sea fishing is the only kind I really like to do, but I have not been in YEARS.  I keep trying to get a group together and right when I am about to do a charter, everyone backs out.  I never got to go off the Left Coast... how is it there?

Same thing with me I get one or two trips in ....the fishing is pretty good when they come around , other wise you have to go down in to Mexico and it is a long haul. When El Nino comes around it get's really good I mostly fish for the tuna variety and Yellow tail , Barracuda are fun as are Dorado!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2009 at 22:37
I agree, the barracuda are great fun to catch.  My FAVORITE is mahi-mahi. 
Maybe you and I should go deep sea fishing sometime...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2009 at 22:42
Yeah, hopefully my work will keep me busy so I can do some more fishing. And I really want to do an Elk hunt in the next couple of years?  and that would be cool But I think you live on the other side of the map do you not?
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2009 at 22:46
Alabamy, but I often pass through your area. What is the going day rate for a private charter these days?  30+ foot Pacemaker or Hatteras?

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2009 at 23:02
Not up to par on that  but I will check my current paper and let ya know!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic