OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Tripods, sun shades, lens covers, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Butler blizzard flip up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butler blizzard flip up
    Posted: February/21/2009 at 19:51
Could someone give me the sizes for a Burris Fullfield II 3-9 x 40, and a Nikon Monarch 4-16 x 42 ?

Thanks!!!
glockman55 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glockman55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2009 at 17:12
I've found that it's better to take your scope/rifle the store with you to get the proper fit. I just did that with my new Monarch 3-9X40, the book said it took a 19 and a 9 in butler creek flip ups, It took 27 and 14, I've never had any fit by ordering out of what the book says.
Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2009 at 11:16
Mearure the outer diameters of the eyepiece and objective lens on both scopes and order by size from the chart.  Also you can go to the scope manufacturer website and get the eyepiece and objective diameters.  Most 40mm objectives use a #31 cover and most 42mm objective lens either use a #31 or #33 cover, unless they are AO.
CDR3
Terry Lamb View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Lamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2009 at 12:05
In contrast to the micro-measuring needed for the BC flipups, the only thing needed for the stretchable neoprenes is the tube length. That Burriss takes an SS11 and the Nikon an SS13. Can be located by googling up <competitor website removed>, or by requesting them of this retailer.

Edited by koshkin - June/21/2009 at 02:12
Terry Lamb
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2009 at 03:46
He is asking about clear flip up lens covers. I highly doubt he would be able to see through your neoprene cover.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2009 at 06:02
   FFII 3-9x40    Blizzards  #04 and #07     Std Flip-opens  #10 and #25

I couldn't find any info for the Nikon.
   I listed both types of covers because the last Blizzard cover I got(amber)was so blurry I couldn't see through it. Just a heads up.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2009 at 02:13
Originally posted by Terry Lamb Terry Lamb wrote:

In contrast to the micro-measuring needed for the BC flipups, the only thing needed for the stretchable neoprenes is the tube length. That Burriss takes an SS11 and the Nikon an SS13. Can be located by googling up <competitor website removed>, or by requesting them of this retailer.

Mr. Lamb, please refrain from advertising your website here or you will be banned from the forum.

Thank You
ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic