OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Change of turrets (hunting to target). Possible?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Change of turrets (hunting to target). Possible?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change of turrets (hunting to target). Possible?
    Posted: February/20/2009 at 11:30

Is it possible to take any Zeiss conquest scope and change the turrets from hunting to target?  Any idea how much it would cost and if its a must to send the scope to a custom shop to do so?

I guess I´ll be doing quite of paper shooting  (and hunting) with my next scope - what are the downsides of having target turrets (bulky - not waterproof???)

THanX.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2009 at 11:31
im pretty sure zeiss can do that.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2009 at 11:47
You can send it in to Zeiss. They will put them on for $60 a knob.

Your scope will still be waterproof, but the knobs of course are not protected from being turned by something, or hit and damaged.

Edited by trigger29 - February/20/2009 at 11:48

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
opticsmike View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opticsmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2009 at 14:13

Retrofitted turret shafts by Zeiss is definitely the way to go and it retains the factory warranty. I had it done for my Diavari and now I can put on any custom turret knob I want. kentonindustries.com has the best selection of knobs I've seen and they will even custom make them to match the exact ballistics of your gun. If you switch your scope to a different gun, you can swap the knobs to match.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic