OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mueller Tac II 3-10x44 & Butler Creek Flip Up Caps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mueller Tac II 3-10x44 & Butler Creek Flip Up Caps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mueller Tac II 3-10x44 & Butler Creek Flip Up Caps
    Posted: February/18/2009 at 17:55
What is the correct size Butler Creek Flip up caps for the Mueller Tac II 3-10x44 Scope?  I've looked everywhere (including searching here) and can't seem to find the answer.  Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Red Dragon
hunterco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2009 at 22:27
you will have to measure the diameter and order them if your local store doestne carry them, but go larger if you have to and make an electical tape thicken the objective to keep the cover from falling off, thats what I ve done. the black electrical tape wont damage your paint job in most cases, unless it has caustic adesives.
hunterco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2009 at 22:31
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2009 at 16:22
Post on this thread.

Welcome to Optics Talk.
moosetrax View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moosetrax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2009 at 22:31
i've done the electrical tape thing and it sucks in hot weather. If you don't take your rifle out anytime other than deer season, then go for it. But you can actually take the butler creek caps and soak them in warm water and they will stretch some if you get them just a little small. I had a set on an old busnell 44mm scope and they stretched over the 45mm simmons aetec that I used to use. If you live anywhere warm though, I'd try to stay away from the electrical tape.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic