OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Opinion on two Nikon Monarch Riflescopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newreloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opinion on two Nikon Monarch Riflescopes
    Posted: February/15/2009 at 22:01
I have always used Leupold scopes. I recently purchased two Nikon scopes and wanted to hear your opinions on the two I purchased.
1. Nikon Monarch UCC 2.5-10 x 42 BDC
2. Nikon Monarch UCC 4-12 x 40 AO

All opinions will be appericated.
Thanks in advance.
Newreloader
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2009 at 22:06
Hi welcome to the OT. There are plenty of people who are very knowledgeable here. I don't have much experience with either of those scopes but I know this question will come up. What are planning to do with the scopes (hunting, target shooting, etc). The second question would be what caliber of gun are you planning to use? The more info you give the better answers you will receive....
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2009 at 22:10
Monarch ucc scopes, discontinued now, were and are excellent scopes, equal to the leupolds in question.

Edited by lucytuma - February/15/2009 at 22:10
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2009 at 22:12
nice scopes, I'm sure you will enjoy them!
take em!
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2009 at 22:46
If hunting is the game you enjoy. Go with the 2.5-10x 42. If it's target then go with the Adj. Objective.
The BDC will get the job done for target as well though.
The adjustable objective will still hunt also. So one is more suited than the other, but both can do the job in either case.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
newreloader View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newreloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2009 at 11:47
I am going to use the scopes for hunting. One will go on a Browning BAR .308 for dog running and some still hunting. The other will go on an Encore 35 Whelen for still hunting from a box stand only. Hope this information helps clarify my use. Thanks
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2009 at 17:01

The 2.5-10x 42 would be my first choice of the scopes that you have listed here. Use that on  the 308.

The 35 whelen since it will be box stand only, there is the better chance that the AO won't need to fidgeted with, as may be the case still hunting.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic