OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Target
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

quality glass?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cementhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: quality glass?
    Posted: February/14/2009 at 01:07

was hoping to get opinions of shooters about the top companys for quality glass. this is for targets around 200 to 500 yrd. range, it will be mounted on a 16' ar15 for now. eventually it will be going on a 20' stealth (larue) ar15 upper. any input would be a great help, thanks.

helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2009 at 09:47
Welcome to the OT!

Price range?  Top are going to be Ziess, Swarovski, Kahles, S&B.  Depends on how much you want to spend.

Right now I have a Swarovski Z6 1.7-10 sitting on my AR testing it out.  The glass is absolutely amazing.  The plex reticle for my use it too thin, but for target shooting like you want to do, it would be great.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-8635-978-swarovski-17-10x42-z6-30mm-riflescope.aspx

My question is, do you want to spend $1800 for that kind of glass?

Edited by helo18 - February/14/2009 at 09:49
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
cementhead View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cementhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2009 at 12:07
Is there some the next teir down for around 900 ? that is a nice scope you have there, just a little bit too expensive for me. maybe down the road thou. i just want something thats nice and clear at those ranges, thanks for info.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2009 at 12:24
Welcome to The OT, cementhead.

Post this question in the "Rifle Scopes" forum and you'll probably get more responses, due to more traffic on that forum.

Regards.  

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2009 at 12:33
What configuration are you looking for? (i.e. magnification range)

ILya

cementhead View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cementhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2009 at 23:58
I was looking at the zeiss 4.5-14x44 conquest, whats your opinion on that scope ? or do you have one you like better in that price range ?
tjtjwdad View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjtjwdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2009 at 23:36

I have a Zeiss 4.5-14x50 and I like it.  The only possible drawback to it is the spacing between the turrets and where the tube starts to flair out is on the short side.  Clarity & repeatibility is superb.

HTH

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic