OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Weather Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

WINDS!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WINDS!!
    Posted: February/12/2009 at 07:10
 WILL SOMEONE OUT WEST PLEEEEEEEEEEZE TURN THE WIND OFF?  THANK YA!!
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2009 at 09:04

Yup-- here in Carroll County MD- 65mph .... I was passed this morning by debris going faster than I was

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2009 at 10:59
Sounds like Kansas all the time....................Stare
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2009 at 11:32
It is always blowing in Oklahoma with Kansas to the north and Texas to the south and west.
They don't mention it until the wind exceeds 35 mph.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2009 at 11:51
  Well if y'all can't turn it off,would ya at least turn it down? THANK ya.
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2009 at 22:44
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Well if y'all can't turn it off,would ya at least turn it down? THANK ya.

No problemo Ill just break wind in the other direction.....Wink
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2009 at 22:57
You are being affected by the vacuum of intelligence gathering in Washington DC
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2009 at 08:12
   CussingBunch a A-holes down in D+C!!

Edited by 300S&W - February/13/2009 at 09:47
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2009 at 09:40
That's just rude!
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2009 at 09:47
 UH OH!! Did that come across wrong RL?  Redid it!
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2009 at 09:56
    OK. hugs and kisses.....don't take that wrong!     Wink

Edited by rifle looney - February/13/2009 at 11:17
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2009 at 11:30
no breaking wind, please.................   Shocked
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2009 at 22:56
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

You are being affected by the vacuum of intelligence gathering in Washington DC

Roll on Floor Laughing  Guess they will have extreme high winds for the next four years!

To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2009 at 12:41
Originally posted by martin3175 martin3175 wrote:

Yup-- here in Carroll County MD- 65mph .... I was passed this morning by debris going faster than I was.

You definitely don't want to get in front of me then!  I don't even slow down that much for stop signs! Wink

Where in Carroll County?  I live 1.5 miles north of Lineboro.  Watch out for a black 99 Camry (PA Plates) with the afterburner on. Smile  One of my buddies lives in Taylorville (they call it Westminster but its really taylorsville.  He belongs to the Thurmont Sportmans Club.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2009 at 11:16
I belong to Dug Hill Rod and Gun in Manchester-- I am in 21157- Westminster ( right adjacent to Finksburg )
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2009 at 17:34

I belong to Dug Hill Rod and Gun in Manchester-- I am in 21157- Westminster ( right adjacent to Finksburg )
Wow, your pretty close to me.  I live less than 10 miles north of your club (17329) .  I had never heard of Dug Hill Rod & Gun. 

I belong to Jefferson Sportmans Assoc in Codorus, PA http://www.jeffersonsportsmen.org/ . Its kinda small but nice.  Recently rebuilt ranges with poured concrete pads / Metal Roofs and solid concrete benches covered with rubber. 2 rifle ranges, 25, 50, 100yds and a 200, 300 yarder as well.  Indoor archery and 22 range. pistol, 22, BP range, outdoor archery 10 to 70 yards and 2 traps pits.

I see from your profile that you enjoy trapshooting.  I am planning on starting to shoot trap in April at Jefferson.  It is something I always wanted to learn but never got a chance.  Couple of years ago I bought a Mossberg pump with smooth bore and rifled barrel for deer.  Figured I start with it and if I like it I'll get a nicer trap gun.

I think I am actually closer to your club than mine, go figure.  Maybe we can get together and squeeze a few or bust some clays.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2009 at 19:32
We typically have a trap shoot the 3rd Sunday of each month at noon

2 trap houses if crowd is big enough .. My father-in-law ( he competes) got myself and my 15 yr old son into it..

Edited by martin3175 - March/01/2009 at 19:32
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 06:41

We typically have a trap shoot the 3rd Sunday of each month at noon

2 trap houses if crowd is big enough .. My father-in-law ( he competes) got myself and my 15 yr old son into it..

It nice to have somebody to shoot with regularly.  I might try and stop by your club one evening to check it out since it's only 8.5 miles away.  Is it gated? My club is and requires a magnetic card to get in except when there are open shoots.
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 08:21
Yeah- same here - gated except during events .. has a small clubhouse on  about 40 acres..

Edited by martin3175 - March/02/2009 at 08:21
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 09:32

Yeah- same here - gated except during events .. has a small clubhouse on  about 40 acres..
Sounds alot like mine.  WE have 114 acres, half woods, clubhouse, In-door range and ranges, the rest is tall grass fields for pheasant.  They do raise and release pheasant and allow hunting and trapping on grounds.
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic