OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Handgun experts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Handgun experts
    Posted: February/11/2009 at 15:18
I'm going to add a link of a problem that I posted on another forum and did not really get any answers. 

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=15618.0

I'm going to attach another link, just so you guys can see what spring it is, if anyone cares.  Page 17 talks about the decocker which is where the spring let loose from.  On page 30 and 31 is the exploded view and parts list.  They have two springs labeled the same thing: 4.20 as a trigger support spring, I'm pretty sure this spring has nothing to do with the trigger but was strictly for the cocking indicator.  I would love to hear what you experts have to say about this.

http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/pt247pro_ds.pdf
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2009 at 15:59
Originally posted by Sneaky Sneaky wrote:

I'm going to add a link of a problem that I posted on another forum and did not really get any answers. 

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=15618.0

I'm going to attach another link, just so you guys can see what spring it is, if anyone cares.  Page 17 talks about the decocker which is where the spring let loose from.  On page 30 and 31 is the exploded view and parts list.  They have two springs labeled the same thing: 4.20 as a trigger support spring, I'm pretty sure this spring has nothing to do with the trigger but was strictly for the cocking indicator.  I would love to hear what you experts have to say about this.

http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/pt247pro_ds.pdf

Hey, Sneaky, if I understand the problem correctly, I believe you are right.  One of the springs you're referring to is used for the cocking indicator, and evidently it is labeled the same as the trigger support spring because it is exactly the same size and type of spring.  If this is correct, it shouldn't affect function, but if the spring is protruding through the back of the pistol, it needs to be fixed nevertheless.  I would send it back to Taurus, as it should be covered under warranty and they would repair it for free.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Sneaky View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2009 at 22:21
Rifledude thanks a lot for the reply.

I was able to get the spring out along with the cocking indicator.  So now where the red cocking indicator was there is just a little void.  The spring was so chincy and flimsy that I can't imagine that it had any other function than moving the indicator back and forth.  I can order the indicator and spring which is what I will probably do.  I just hate the thought of having to send my Taurus to them as customer service seems to be their weak point, no personal experience just from what I've heard. 

Edited by Sneaky - February/11/2009 at 22:22
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2009 at 13:06
I haven't ever used Taurus CS before, but then again, I've never owned a Taurus product either.  I haven't heard anyone else's experience with their CS either.  Since the parts in question are most likely very inexpensive and easy to replace, like you, I might be inclined to just fix it myself, even though in general, I like to make the manufacturer aware of the problem and let them fix it at their expense.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic