OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Price Check

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Price Check
    Posted: February/11/2009 at 11:39
My good friend has a rifle he would like to sell.  He is asking me for help in determining its value, but I haven't purchased a rifle in so long, I have no idea what to tell him.  I am not personally interested in buying the rifle from him, but I would like to help him get at least an honest price for it. Rifle's specs are as follows:
  • Ruger M77 MkII
  • 7mm Remington Magnum
  • Stainless
  • Synthetic Stock (the newer, not-scalloped out version)
  • Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 in original Ruger rings
  • Butler Creek sling
This rifle is in pristine condition.  It has been fired, but only a very, very few times.  I gaurantee it has seen less than one box of ammo go through it.  My friend is very particular about how all his property is cared for and this gun could easily pass as new.

Anybody know what I can tell him as far as the current, fair-market value of his rifle? 

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2009 at 11:46
About..... $100.00....$150.00 less than he paid for it unless he got a good deal.might be easier to sell.... sans scope?  just my 2 cents.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2009 at 11:49
$400-500 is about right.  I think your better off seperating the scope from rifle and selling seperately.

Edited by lucytuma - February/11/2009 at 11:51
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2009 at 12:18
Just checked local gun shop up here and a brand new Ruger  77 MII, all-weather stainless, full contour synthetic stock in 300 WSM sells for $599.
God save the Empire!
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2009 at 12:19
They are going from 599 to 699 around here.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2009 at 12:34
These are about the going rates ...the WSM fetch $60.00/$100.00 more than the regular mags, and this is albeit ..as new.. its still used! I think $500.00 would be reasonable,in fact I might be interested?..I will PM you .
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2009 at 20:35
If anybody offers him 500.00 he should take it. I keep a fair watch on used rifles around here and those are going from 350 to 450 depending on scope quality and gun condition. Ofcourse NC economy is in the toilet and folks are havin to sell stuff to keep the lights on. We definitely have a buyers market here right now. You also need to check gunbroker because they can have a +/- effect depending on how many are available. Good Luck!
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2009 at 20:39
I agree, if he can get $500 bills for it he will have done pretty well.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2009 at 13:11
I concur; $500 is about right.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic