OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver Classic Exteme images

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver Classic Exteme images
    Posted: February/09/2009 at 15:45

I posted about these earlier and have this same scope on order for my 6.8 for evening hunting (will switch to an Aimpoint for stalking)

from AR15.com

the top pic has a red arrow drawn on it and then a zoomed in pic of the same spot
impressive

Its a lot clearer than that, but in order to take a pic in the dark i had to have a 3 second exposure. I think its a pretty sweet scope.

Oh this is the 2.5-10x56mm with German Reticle. It is on max power, and that parking garage staircase is roughly 1050m away.

JTD0314 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTD0314 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2009 at 18:50
I just mounted one on my 300 WM Enore and am very impressed.  THe glass is on par with my Nikon Monarchs if not better.  It is a little heavy, but built like a tank.  If it performs well in the field, I will purchase another.
dougedwards View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougedwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2009 at 19:05
I had no idea that Weaver was producing such impressive rifle scopes.
but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the spirit if indeed the spirit of Christ dwells within you...Romans 8
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2009 at 21:47
cool photos --thanks for the update
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2009 at 22:03
Neat idea, glad your happy with the scope.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
huntingaddict View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntingaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2009 at 06:15
That is impressive.  I was reading on them this morning and you seem to get a ton for your money with these.

Tom
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2009 at 08:24
I didn't take the pics, someone else did
mine is due in tomorrow
I will compare directly against a Kahles CL 3-10x50 and a Monarch 2.5-10x42 and report back
dougedwards View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougedwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2009 at 08:38
I did a comparison of this Classic Extreme scope with my Kahles CL 3-9x42 scope in dim light and was shocked.  Waiting to hear your assessment.

Doug
but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the spirit if indeed the spirit of Christ dwells within you...Romans 8
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2009 at 09:45
your review is what pushed me over the edge to get one

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2009 at 12:28
Nice job. Keep us posted with your findings.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2009 at 15:37
I didn't take those pics..
someone else did on AR15
OKdoghunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OKdoghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2009 at 13:01
I just picked up a weaver classic extreme 2.5-10x50 NIB at competitors for 297$ shipped.
Very nice scope.
wind blows
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2009 at 15:35
you may want to read number 3.

1.  Keep it clean.  If you have to ask your self whether or not it's clean.........don't post it.  This includes images too, no blood, guts, nudity, etc.  Only respectful "Hero Shots" of harvested game can be posted.  Pictures of bloody game, game hanging or game in the bed of pick-up truck are not respectable.

2.  No personal attacks.  If you think someone is an idiot, (chances are) everyone else does too.  No need to post it.

3.  Do not advertise our competition.  We work hard to gain the respect and support of our customers.  We also offer a 110% Low Price Guarantee.

4.  No religious discussions or politics unless it relates to guns, optics, and or shooting.

5.  PM stands for Private Message.  Do not publicly share PM's without the consent of the sender.

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.

7.  For Sale ads are to be placed in Member's Trading Post area only.  Read the For Sale Rules prior to selling.

Edited by Chris Farris - 04/February/2009 at 14:42

Edited by pyro6999 - February/20/2009 at 15:38
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2009 at 16:54
No. 8.  You cannot be related to Bigdaddy.   
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2009 at 16:59
No 9.  And stay away from Ed, he is one smelly dude
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/20/2009 at 17:52
No26. Anyone wishing to sell more than one scope of the same kind must provide a free sample to Koshkin.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Boom Stick View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boom Stick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2009 at 21:13
I too recently purchased the Weaver classic extreme 2.5-10x50mm for $270 (from SWFA) and I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.  However, I did have a couple of questions for those who already have the scope (specifically JTD0314 and dougedwards)  I was wondering if the both of you realized that the Weaver classic extreme is nothing more than a tweaked out Weaver grand slam.  I spoke with Weaver multiple times before purchasing the scope, and it was confirmed to me on every occasion that both models of scopes share the same glass, the same coatings, and are assembled in the same factory.  They are essentially optical clones of one another (Weaver's words, not mine.)  The big differences (and the reasons that I was compelled to buy the scope) are all of the other features.  The only reason I mention this is because both of you stated that the scope compared favorably with, and in some cases better than, scopes that are typically held in much higher regard (Monarch & Kahles CL respectively.)  And since I've never heard any such claims being made about the grand slam series in comparison to higher-end scopes, I was wondering if the both of you may feel as though the grand slam series is highly underrated?  Also I was wondering if either of you have a comparable Weaver grand slam with which to make an optical comparison?   Because, I'm wondering if what both Weaver and you two gentlemen have stated is true, then I'm really curious why the reasonably priced Weaver grand slam series doesn't have more of a following.  Thanks for taking the time to read my questions, and for the initial reviews on the scope, it's much appreciated...
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2009 at 22:05
The problem is that there was a time when Weaver went in a bad direction. There will be a period of time when trust won't be something readily given back. Sorta the way that Tasco and Simmons went as well. Simmons is working at it again, and so is Weaver. It will just take some time.

Cyborg
Boom Stick View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boom Stick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2009 at 22:46
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

The problem is that there was a time when Weaver went in a bad direction. There will be a period of time when trust won't be something readily given back. Sorta the way that Tasco and Simmons went as well. Simmons is working at it again, and so is Weaver. It will just take some time.

Well I guess that would explain perhaps why Weaver doesn't have a significant following, however that still leaves up in the air the question of why I've never heard anyone say they were optically comparable to higher end models.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2009 at 22:55
There are some that do own them and have stated such. It's just as I said though, not many are taking the chance right now. If they are as folks claim, it won't take very long. Also it goes that, depending on what you mean when you say higher end, they might not compare in the eyes of some.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic