OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Buddy ordered his new "Squeezer Special"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buddy ordered his new "Squeezer Special"
    Posted: February/07/2009 at 00:11
I guess my influence is just rubbin off.Big Grin

My friend just placed his order for a new `09 Ruger compact,,,,,300 RCM!!!

Between mine and his, we`ll have some reeeeeal fun chrony competition!!!

The range won`t be crowded for toooo long!!!...........Laugh
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2009 at 08:34
 "Double Your Pleasure,Double Your Fun"  Gonna be interesting to see how they compare.
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2009 at 09:26
Why did he have to order it? I have seen these on racks here and there ....all were in stainless though.
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2009 at 11:51
Originally posted by rifle looney rifle looney wrote:

Why did he have to order it? I have seen these on racks here and there ....all were in stainless though.
.............His dealer didn`t have one yet, so he ordered one.  He doesn`t mind the stainless. The 300 RCM is only available in the stainless. The pics on the Ruger site look pretty good.

At 5 3/4 lbs, his will be a pound lighter than mine which is 6 3/4 lbs before scope. I wonder how Ruger shed another pound or so?  From the stock I guess and there is no scout scope base mount on his as is on the barrel mine.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2009 at 11:57
Question  yeh! they must have done a little shaving every where its hard to get a whole pound just out of a stock oh well their secret. the last store I was at three guys were arguing over who gets the gun the store had. They started upping the price right a way.did not stick around for the end results.
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2009 at 11:58
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

"Double Your Pleasure,Double Your Fun"  Gonna be interesting to see how they compare.
..................I think the 300 RCM case holds a little less powder than the 300 WSM case.  But Ruger advertises that the 300 RCM is slightly better in terms of velocity than the 300 WSM is from the shorter barrels..........No difference in killing affect, but we will have some fun experimenting with the chrony.  Our upcoming short barreled rivalry for bragging rights will be fun! 
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2009 at 12:02
Originally posted by rifle looney rifle looney wrote:

Question  yeh! they must have done a little shaving every where its hard to get a whole pound just out of a stock oh well their secret. the last store I was at three guys were arguing over who gets the gun the store had. They started upping the price right a way.did not stick around for the end results.
.......Were they arguing over the new 300 RCM Ruger compact?.... The scout scope base on my barrel weighs a few ounces, so that alone explains some of the weight loss. But that base alone does not weigh a pound.

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2009 at 12:18
Not a 1oo% but thats what I heard them talking about, they were handing the gun back and forth to one another, and others were standing around. actually this is a nice store if you are ever in the area its called THE SHOOTIST..its in murrieta.good people there too.

Edited by rifle looney - February/07/2009 at 12:19
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic