OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon coyote scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon coyote scope
    Posted: February/06/2009 at 11:17
Has anyone discussed this new scope on here yet?  Looks promising
tjtjwdad View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjtjwdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2009 at 13:11

I went to the Nikon website and externally, it looks like a Buckmaster Scope with camafloge. 

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2009 at 13:53
Originally posted by tjtjwdad tjtjwdad wrote:

I went to the Nikon website and externally, it looks like a Buckmaster Scope with camafloge. 

Good catch, Sir.  

CountryLegend View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CountryLegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2009 at 21:56
Yep. All they did was dip it camo and put ARD (Anti Reflective Device). Should have put a lit reticle.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2009 at 23:43

..............or a heavy plex

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2009 at 00:42
I'm thinking a 4.5-14x40 is too much scope for coyotes and one with an illuminated reticle would be a plus. I have been considering a couple of scopes that I think would be good for hunting coyotes:
731424M Bushnell 1-4x24 Trophy 30mm Rifle Scope                                                                                 Bushnell 1-4x24 Trophy 30mm Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • 4A w/ Illuminated Dot
  • 30mm
SWFA: $144.95
More Info... Buy Now

731642M Bushnell 1.5-6x42 Trophy 30mm Rifle Scope                                                                               Bushnell 1.5-6x42 Trophy 30mm Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • 4A w/ Illuminated Dot
  • 30mm
SWFA: $149.95
More Info... Buy Now
What do you guys think?

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CountryLegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2009 at 00:45
I have a 3.5-10x50mm Luepold with a illuminated reticle on my varmint gun
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2009 at 00:52
I am looking for a night time glass for a Webley Patriot that will let me see the reticle on animals as big as coyote for head shots. I think a heavy plex or illumination is the ticket. I also think the glass has to be pretty good, too. Does the Trophy have it? If so, I think both of those will work good as long as the brightness can be dialed down.  I would also give the nod to the 1.5-6 with the 7mm exit pupil on the high end.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CountryLegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2009 at 00:57
can't beat the illuminated, the trophys above say they have illuminated dot and the 30mm tube will be brighter
tjtjwdad View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjtjwdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2009 at 17:44
Ya know, another thing I found out about the SF Buckmasters from their AO counterparts is, the 100yd FOV is about 3 feet less.  I stumbled onto this a couple of weeks ago when I was able to look thru two of them and pick the one I liked. 

HTH

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic