OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where to buy fake rifle for holding two scopes...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Where to buy fake rifle for holding two scopes...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriershot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to buy fake rifle for holding two scopes...
    Posted: February/06/2009 at 08:03
Like the most of us on this forum a I like to compare different scopes to each other at the same time. I would like to purchase one of those rifle stocks that has the ability to hold two scopes at the same time, you know the kind that you can rotate from one scope to the other while they are being held in plastic ring/clamps. I have seen these at Outdoor World and the like.

Thanks

Charlie
9/11/01, I will never forget. I lost 343 of my brothers.
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2009 at 08:13
Boyds may have'em    www.boydsgunstocks.com
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2009 at 09:25
The only one I have ever seen was from Burris and I believe it was just for "demo" purposes, meaning I don't think Burris was selling them. It was just a very cheap hardwood stock with a molded piece of rubber that protruded up wards that held two scopes, one on top of the other so you could compare scopes at the same time.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2009 at 09:43

It wouldn't be too hard to make one.  Just take an inexpensive stock blank, screw a plate on top of the action area of the stock that's wide enough for 2 scopes sitting side by side and attach 2 scope mounts to either side of the width of the plate.  You only need 1 ring per scope, since you are only holding the scopes for observation purposes.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2009 at 10:33
And you could put a binocular on top...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic