OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

3x9x40 on a tikka, need help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3x9x40 on a tikka, need help please
    Posted: February/04/2009 at 12:04
I plan to mount a 4200 3x9x40 on a tikka 3, I have the opportunity to purchase a tikka 3 with rings or purchase the rifle from another dealer without the rings but for $150 less.   

Heres a pick of the riffle with the included rings, the dealer said the rings are made by or at least for Tikka.  

I know its nearly impossible to tell from that pic but does anyone know what kind of rings those are?   Each ring has two bolts, one on the ring and one on the base. 

What would be the best thing to do,  get that rifle with rings or save $150 from the second dealer and buy the rings seperately? 

The tikka optilock rings would come up to $170Whacko where I live which is ridiculously expensive,  are there any alternatives to those optilocks? 

thanks for reading this mess Sleep
geezer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2009 at 12:41
Save the money - the factory supplied rings are not that great and can be replaced with Talley's or another quality set for far less than $150.00.  I just bought a set of Talley's for my T3 for less than $40.00.
I would give you my two cents worth, but then you would probably have to give half to the gov't and what good is one penny
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2009 at 14:53
Save the $150.00 and contact SWFA at 972-726-7348 they'll set you up!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2009 at 14:59
Ditto
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2009 at 15:41
I got my Talley rings for my Tikka T3 from SWFA, I'm very pleased with them.
lexmark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2009 at 17:05
alright thanks guys, ill pick up some telley's
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2009 at 18:56
lex....... that's Talley!   good thing you came here first, I think the one dealer might have been trying to take advantage of you depending on the price, but $150 is a BIG difference.
take em!
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2009 at 22:56
+1 saving the $150. Tikka rings are free with the rifle and are ok but in my opinion the best rings for a Tikka T3 are from DedNutz. My second choice would be Talley.

NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
Jim Bolivar diGriz View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Bolivar diGriz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2009 at 07:22
1. Save the money. The original rings can be purchased from Beretta, if needed, and they should be way below $150.
2. Everyone likes the Optilock rings. If you shop around, they can be had for $140-$150 for the T3, which is still expensive. But they come with one-piece plastic inserts, similar to ones in the Burris video (see "Educational video from Burris" topic). I like the idea -- went with the Optilocks. They don't allow scope adjustment like in the video, but do provide other benefits mentioned.
autumnwind47 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote autumnwind47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2010 at 21:51
Nice set-up. I really like the Dednutz scope mount. Do you know the part # or know if it is the Low, Med, or High mount?
Thanks in advance.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2010 at 07:43
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic