OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Maybe seen maybe not ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maybe seen maybe not ...
    Posted: February/03/2009 at 19:04
 I don't know if any of you have seen this before but it's worth watching ... tugs at my heart ....  Embarrased especially all who love little kids ...

One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 19:15
Moving story for sure.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 19:22
I had not seen it, either.  Terrific.  Excellent
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 19:26
Excellent Excellent!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 19:44
Thank you, Merc.  What a great story.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 21:00
Thunbs Up

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2009 at 10:18
I know a similar story here.  Several years ago, something like 10 years, this daugter was age 5 or 6 and her Mother had a seizure.  The little girl called 911 and in the process saved her mother's life.  Well, it wasn't long till the story lept from the local news to that national stage.  I think within the week the girl was on Good Morning America.   The story carried weight for quite a while.  I think she won some kind of national youth award or something.

Well, I happened to visit the families home just a few months ago.  I didn't know who they were.  I met the Mom and Dad and they seemed fine.  Then the girl, now 15, came home from school.  I mean, wow, she was STRANGE.  I can't even describe it.  It was like she was totally full of herself yet pumped with all sorts of proper manners to hold it all in.

My buddy and I just looked at each other when there was a pause in the conversaion.  Then, as the Mom was showing me the family pictures on the wall I recognized a "shrine" in the corner with the newspaper article and Youth award.  Suddenly it all made sense.

I can't imagine what kind of damage a well-intended world-stage can do to a young person.  I sure hope they are shielding him from this.
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2009 at 10:40

The boy is ignorant. A 13 year old who lives and works on a cow ranch should know by know that probably lack of calcium and Vitamin D were the problem, not vitamin C, like he says.

Then, he is dillusional. He hears voices and has conversations with imaginary things. That may not be unusual for a young person who went through the trauma of having to kill a cow, but if it persists, that would be consistent with schizophrenia. There are treatments for that. 

If untreated, it may become very serious. Ignorance and schizophrenia are a very dangerous combination. People affected take irrational actions and ignore reality; they also tend to justify their own irrational and unrealistic choices by claiming approval from the voices that they hear ("I killed them because a voice told me to").    

Or, he is just looking for fame or some attention. Maybe his family does not talk or listen to him, and he invented a story to get on the radio and become famous and someone would listen.        

Edited by anweis - February/04/2009 at 10:42
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2009 at 10:50
Anweis.....I think you should go read a book..............the Bible!!  You know it's GOD when your hair stands straight up!!   Thunbs Up   It's like 50 million volts of electricity going through you--- except you don't get hurt!!    
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2009 at 11:02
Ick 15 yr old girls are all goofy it comes from hanging around with 15 yr old boys. I'm sure she will be fine if a few years check back on her when she gets about 21 and you will see a different person.  I tend to think this is different because the boy is not there to boast about what he has done personally he is conveying his faith in his personal relationship with Jesus.  This is what that means.  He believes wholeheartedly  - Jesus - born of the virgin Mary - son of GOD lived a sinless life as a man - was crucified to pay the debt of sin of all mankind so that whoever will believe on his name - Jesus - and accept God's forgiveness for sin by believing - Jesus' shed blood paid the price for the forgiveness of sin.  This is the FREE GIFT of GOD -  but it requires that you by act of your own will, choose to recieve it.  He has made this choice and has asked Jesus to come into his heart and forgive his sins. He believes wholeheartedly that that relationship exists between him and a loving God and that affects his life choices and helps him to select to do what is good and right.  This is the same principals and beliefs held by the founding fathers of our Country.  Any Baptist minister would be glad to explain this to you in greater detail so that you might fully understand the importance of this Life choice. 

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2009 at 11:08
  INSPIRING video.  Thanks also,merc.

Possible that vitamin C meant Colostrum in cowboy talk?
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2009 at 11:15
Originally posted by anweis anweis wrote:

The boy is ........BLA   BLA  BLA 

The boy is  genuinely sincere which is what those who understand his personal relationship with Jesus as Lord and Savior applaud.

Reality Check - cows like all other creatures grow old and at some point their life quality may be such that they suffer pain.

The owner of an animal is responsible to care for that animal and in this case the pain that the animal suffered was such that the best choice was to terminate the animal.

In times of stress people's core beliefs are what sustain them.  That is a lot different than hearing voices telling you to do something abnormal and unreasonable.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic