OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

VX-I

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VX-I
    Posted: February/03/2009 at 11:28
Hey guys, I have been posting a lot, sorry.  How will a Leupold VX-I hold up on a heavy recoiling rifle?  I know its not as bright as others in its price range, but really im more concerned with a scope handling recoil and plus leupold has a great warranty and customer service.  Thanks guys!!
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 11:36
Yes we see all the post but that is OK.....IMO...I would get a Burrris-11 or a VX-11 or a Bushnell 3200.in the price range you are looking at I have these scopes on various calibers and NO problems at all.
shooterpunk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 11:39
You think the bushy 3200 3-9x40 would be able to handle the recoil?
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 11:42
I have one on a 30.06 and even with heavy loads it has never failed.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 11:46
nice.  I do like their rainguard too, and I may be moving to the oregon coast this would really help.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 11:53
+1  Wink  good customer service too.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 11:54
  Here's another one you may want to take a look at:

I've got an SII on a Lt Wt .300 and have had no problems. They also have a no questions asked replacement guarantee.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 11:55
How is the clarity with the sightron sII?  I hear they have a really good warranty as well
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 11:55
I guess you just said they have a good warranty nevermind, haha
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 12:04
  Clarity is comparable to the FFII,VXII,and 3200.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 12:46
Im also looking at the VX-I 2-7x33 but i dont know if that would fit on a long action.  I am hopefully going to cabelas today to look at these scopes, minus the sightron.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 12:50
anyone had much experience with the vortex diamondback scopes?
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 14:43
Well it turns out I found a good deal on a Vortex Viper and I will be getting that.  Thanks for all the input!
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 14:46
Does that mean you did not purchase it here at SWFA if not don't say where, but not cool to get all that info then go elsewhere!

Edited by rifle looney - February/03/2009 at 15:21
John Barsness View Drop Down
Optics Optimist
Optics Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barsness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 17:45

It all depends on what you mean by heavy recoil. Just about any scope will work on rifles up to the .30-06 (or it's "recoil equivalent), at least for a while. The .300 magnums starts to separate the tough scopes from the ordinary scopes, and when you get up to the .338 Winchester and and .375 H&H a lot of scopes don't hold up very long.

All the Leupold scopes are built to the same recoil standards.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 18:43
I appreciate all the info, but when a great deal comes my way im not gonna pass on it.  
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 18:58
did you even consider checking the price here at SWFA or making a phone call to see if they could match what you paid. they even have a 110% price match guaratee..... thats the least you could have done.....IMO

Edited by rifle looney - February/03/2009 at 18:59
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 19:14
Why do you assume I didnt do this?
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 19:16
Originally posted by shooterpunk shooterpunk wrote:

Well it turns out I found a good deal on a Vortex Viper and I will be getting that.  Thanks for all the input!

right here this proves you did not!...... unless you got the scope second hand.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 19:34
I fail to see how that proves anything.  Lets not argue about this, it's dumb.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic