OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

cabelas 5x alpha scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cabelas 5x alpha scopes
    Posted: February/02/2009 at 10:06
Has anybody used these or seen them?  They have a 5x optical zoom is some really nice zoom ranges.  Seems like they are priced to compete with the nikon buckmaster, Burris FFii, and Bushnell elite 3200.  Any info would be really appreciated!
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 10:09

Edited by Bigdaddy0381 - February/03/2009 at 07:24
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
shooterpunk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooterpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 10:18
So we cant even talk about a scope that SWFA doesnt sell?  I wasn't advertising for them, just curious about the quality is all
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 10:40
( maybe we can sell Bigdaddy..................)       Light It Up             
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 11:20

Sorry shooterpunk

Edited by Bigdaddy0381 - February/03/2009 at 07:25
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 12:04

That's kind of a grey area since it is an actual product but it might be better suited for their forum.

http://forums.cabelas.com/index.php?s=ee8113aaef504a576127c15c5bd0ff46

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 12:09
 Another touchy matter VERY WELL resolved Chris. As usual.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 13:07
( ...........I still think we should push Bigdaddy out of the bus!!.................)  Bucky         Laugh
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
huntingaddict View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntingaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 15:56
Not to be argumentative at all, but why is it ok in another thread for people to talk about Nightforce scopes, which SWFA does not seem to sell, but when this post asks about Cabelas scopes, it's not allowed.  Technically the only difference is that the Cabelas one implies where to buy it because it's a house brand and the Nightforce just has to be bought somewhere else.  Unless I missed something, swfa.com doesn't have nightforce either.  I applaud swfa for prividing this valuable resource and hope to support them with future purchases.  But sometimes I think it goes to far.  I agree with not allowing people to make a post saying buy it somewhere else because here's a great price, but this seems different.  I mean it is possible that he will buy one of the cabelas scopes and then come back and buy from swfa for something else because he appreciated help and information that he got there in the past. 
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 16:08
The person that said it was against the rules does not represent SWFA.  I made a statement clarifying SWFA's position and did not say that they could not be discussed.  I agree sometimes it goes too far.

competitor will not allow us to discuss our brand and where to buy them on their forum either so its a two way street.

A lot of the times it depends on the context of the thread and the post count of the person posting it.  Many times the poster has less than 10 posts and they are actually from the company who's product is in question (not saying that is the case here), but it does happen.

So for the record, talk about all the competitor branded products you want.  We've never had a problem with brands we don't sell being discussed just where to buy them.

Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 19:01
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

So for the record, talk about all the competitor branded products you want.  We've never had a problem with brands we don't sell being discussed just where to buy them.

Chris, your comment is why I admire this site so much!  Thank you for this awesome forum and the great job you and your staff does at SWFA!
take em!
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 19:35
Originally posted by shooterpunk shooterpunk wrote:

Has anybody used these or seen them?  They have a 5x optical zoom is some really nice zoom ranges.  Seems like they are priced to compete with the nikon buckmaster, Burris FFii, and Bushnell elite 3200.  Any info would be really appreciated!

I think you'd be better off with the Bushnell 3200.  My problem with 'house brand' scopes, is you have no idea who makes it.  If they were made by somebody like Zeiss or Swarovski, they would be tripping over themselves to tell you....kinda like they did about the 'house brand' boots made by Danner. JMO.
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 21:49
I HAD a house brand scope before I knew better. It worked fine for the first season but the next season the POI changed and no matter how much I adjusted it it stayed the same. So I returned it. Never again. There is a reason they are less expensive. 
huntingaddict View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntingaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 08:22
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

The person that said it was against the rules does not represent SWFA.  I made a statement clarifying SWFA's position and did not say that they could not be discussed.  I agree sometimes it goes too far.

competitor will not allow us to discuss our brand and where to buy them on their forum either so its a two way street.

A lot of the times it depends on the context of the thread and the post count of the person posting it.  Many times the poster has less than 10 posts and they are actually from the company who's product is in question (not saying that is the case here), but it does happen.

That's fair and reasonable.  Thanks for the clarification.  Thanks again for the great forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic