OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

wonder optics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdsii64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wonder optics
    Posted: February/01/2009 at 11:27
Has an yone ever used the scopes from wonder optics.  I think super snipers are more rugged and the adjustments are better but its a fixed power scope. I would really rather have a variable if the price AND THE QUALITY for the price is right.
.308 Howa 1500. 24" heavy varmint barrel
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2009 at 11:31
With a name like wonder optics, one has to wonder? you know what I mean?

Edited by rifle looney - February/01/2009 at 11:31
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2009 at 11:42
My kids love Wonder bread?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2009 at 11:57
probably the only thing with that name worth looking at is a wonder bra?
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2009 at 19:11
I've heard encouraging things about them.  They are new, they seem to have hit-or-miss QC (scopes going out with elevation knob and windage knob on wrong turret, etc) and the glass is said to be good for the price.

They are made in China.  They seem to be very customer-focused, those who have had problems have had them addressed immediately and to their satisfaction.

It is a risk I would not personally take, but you might get a good scope at a great price.

Obviously, don't even consider it for a duty/serious use gun; for a range plinker, go for it and let us know.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
KAG View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 20:40
 Surfing through the old posts I stumbled through this one and if anyone was interested I could post a review between the WOTAC 10x fixed and the SS 10x fixed power.  I own one of each. If its allowed that is. I would mount them each to my Savage VLP 112 25-06 and see what happens. 
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 02:09
You may be a year past the guy who posted needing the info but we always appreciate personal effort regarding info about optics so please tell us what you think about the WOTAC.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
KAG View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 05:55
I know its old but just thought..........It will take a few days to set it up to do it fair and right,  The SS just got mounted last week and the WOTAC is new also in the box, never opened. 
467 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 07:16
I did a review on the newest one so far it seems like a good scope.......tracking is perfect.Adjustments are postive,no backlash,glass is superb.Here is thereview if anyone is interested...

z71rat View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z71rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2010 at 20:17
The link provided is not working...

DK
Savage Arms - Arken Optics - MDT - Seekins - SilencerCo - Molon Labe!!!
oneeyedmac View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneeyedmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2010 at 23:58
FWIW, the owner of WoTac is named Matt Wonders hence WoTac, Wonder's Tactical. I've sold a lot of these scopes and only one customer had a problem. He was getting some haze at 14x. He called and it was immediately replaced.

The 4-14x50 is $330 and that's a heck of a deal for the quality glass you get. I've had it side by side with the Bushnell Elite 3200 and 6500 and it blew the 3200 away but was not quite as nice as the 6500 which isn't bad for half the money.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic