OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

1-4x illuminated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1-4x illuminated
    Posted: January/27/2009 at 23:04
Can anyone help me with this, I need a 1-4x Illuminated and being a Nikon fan I wanted the new Monarch African, however it is $600 more than the standard plex or even the ol slug hunter. The Bushnell 4200 is $400 and the Leupold is Somewhere in the middle. With the militayr discount I can get the Leupold LESS than a nikon african.

Will the monarch african prices come down to be more realistic? I was expecting a $400 price point not $8-900. I am not prepared to commit the same amount on my AR optic as my entire pre-obama rifle.

Any suggestions, my buddies keep telling me not to buy the non-illuminated as I will not be able to shoot 1/2 the time.

martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 07:35
Why not go with the 4200 elite ..It is an excellent optic and at your price point
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 10:44
I agree, Nikon has always priced their products compedatively.  I have not physically seen the new 30mm african series scopes, but they must be pretty nice to garner the prices their asking. 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 11:32
I hear great things about the 4200. 

LaRue makes great mounts of whatever optic you choose.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 20:09
I had the 4200, it was decent but nothing too exciting

I have always been a Nikon fan but the price is very, very steep
had 2 IOR 1.1-4, neither one impressed me much

The Meopta Kdot is very nice and has daytime ill but is way too bright for night hunting

I think the new Triijicon Tr24 1-4 30mm is going to be very hard to beat

hunterco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 20:14
trijicon TR24- whne are these coming out?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 08:17
"Soon!"

Best estimate I can get.
hunterco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 09:21

rancid coolaid, what price range will these be? I see the TR21 around $600, if it that much I may just go Leupold?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 09:58
Hope for $700, expect $1,000.

I'd take a TR21 over a Leupy any day, but that's just me.  And so much the more with the TR23.

Personally, I'm putting up with a Millett and waiting for the Tr23.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 10:10
They are on the Trijicon site now for a retail of $900, which means expect around $700 I am guessing.  http://trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=5
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 14:32
As soon as Chris has one, it is mine!

ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 15:10
which reticle are you getting ?

I am very, very interested in one as well for my 6.8
I have been quoted 699

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 15:23
My source says March on these and probably $700 for a street price.
hunterco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 17:30
chris has a couple for $579
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 17:34
Keep in mind that Vortex should have a new 1-4x24 scope in the Razor line some time this year.  It is an interesting design with a somewhat uniques illumination system.  I will keep you posted as I know more.

That having been said, I liked the 1-4x24 Trijicon too.

ILya
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 20:01
Originally posted by hunterco hunterco wrote:

chris has a couple for $579

that's the 1.25x4, 1" tube
not the new 1-4 30mm
nightowl View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2009 at 14:56
HI,

Question on the TR-scopes the new one,is it listed as TR-24 or 23,I do not see anything with 23.The new one coming out is it the cross- hair,German 4, or is it the mil-dot you are looking at, or would get?,Thanks,Kev
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2009 at 16:00
I saw three different version of the post/triangle retice and a #4 with bright dot.

I would probably go with the post/red triangle combination.

ILya

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2009 at 17:02
Please, someone correct me on this:  it seems the eye relief on the TR21 is 3-48 inches and the eye relief on the "new improved" TR24 is 3.2, that can't be right - LESS eye relief?

If that is so, my whole plan is toast!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2009 at 17:51
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

Please, someone correct me on this:  it seems the eye relief on the TR21 is 3-48 inches and the eye relief on the "new improved" TR24 is 3.2, that can't be right - LESS eye relief?

If that is so, my whole plan is toast!

According to the specs, the TR24 has 50% more FOV than the TR21, so it's entirely conceivable it could have less eye relief.  Longer eye relief often comes at the expense of less FOV and vice-versa.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic