OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Our first Optics Retard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2009 at 22:24

We should start a new thread.............."What optics will we be discussing when I become Optics Retard?"

I imagine a scope that goes from 1-50x that has a VX-L like 70mm lens with a built in 2,000 yard laser rangefinder with a digital reticle that auto compensates for drop.  It will also utilize special coatings ala C.S.I. that make blood glow in the dark.  Of course it will have a built in hard drive to record everything you see and do (exportable via a USP port or SD card).  It will also have a non-game species setting that allows it to convert to a combination of thermal heat vision and 6th Generation night vision that will cause coyotes to be put on the endangered species list which will cause B. H. Obama II to issue an executive order outlawing all scopes.

Edited by Chris Farris - January/27/2009 at 22:26
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2009 at 22:29
Congrads my brother! Cheers
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2009 at 22:30
Only 9500 to go and I too can be a retard!  Oh Yea Baby
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2009 at 22:36
Originally posted by bricat bricat wrote:

An uplifting goal to aspire to, huh?Stare
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2009 at 22:41
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

We should start a new thread.............."What optics will we be discussing when I become Optics Retard?"

I imagine a scope that goes from 1-50x that has a VX-L like 70mm lens with a built in 2,000 yard laser rangefinder with a digital reticle that auto compensates for drop.  It will also utilize special coatings ala C.S.I. that make blood glow in the dark.  Of course it will have a built in hard drive to record everything you see and do (exportable via a USP port or SD card).  It will also have a non-game species setting that allows it to convert to a combination of thermal heat vision and 6th Generation night vision that will cause coyotes to be put on the endangered species list which will cause B. H. Obama II to issue an executive order outlawing all scopes.

I would expect binoculars that you wear like glasses that automatically adjust power so you can see what your looking at.  Digital should make that realistic before too long.  One thing we be be sure of is that nothing will be "just glass".
No man on his deathbed ever said "I wish I'd made more money".
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 08:54

Laugh Above  thats funny and also an intresting idea at the same time!

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 08:56

All for $19.95  ....Excellent
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 09:15

Hay... you forgot the remote trigger control option an target tracking.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 13:53
NEWSFLASH!!!

Speaking of Pyro, and in keeping with his shiny new "Retard" title, I just got word that he was recently seen out snorkeling near his Minnesota home...
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 13:56
Laugh Above
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 14:10
huh i wish, that guy isnt near as fat as me and he is more tan and i have more grey hair!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 14:25
So, what you're saying is that other than those small details, you're equally as retarded, right?Cool
Ted

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 14:27
um, i did pile a bunch of snow up one time and rode my mountain bike off the roof of my parents house into the snow pile, so i guess use your own judgement on determining my level "retardedness"
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 14:43
10K???!!!!

OK, now I am impressed.

By the way, Ted where did you find a picture of russian swimming lessons? and you sure it is legit for the open forum?

ILya
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 14:51
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

NEWSFLASH!!!

Speaking of Pyro, and in keeping with his shiny new "Retard" title, I just got word that he was recently seen out snorkeling near his Minnesota home...

Where do you come up with this pictures....

And to answer ILya's ???  no it is not... that not a snorkle sticking up, its his winky trying to stay warm!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 15:12
Snorkling in a snow bank...now thats hardcored!

I bet slim and the twins don't lsten to him anymore at all! Smile

Hiding   one of the twins...can't find the other.  Slim is imatating a snorkle.
--Thomas Jefferson

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 15:27
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Originally posted by bricat bricat wrote:

An uplifting goal to aspire to, huh?Stare

Have no fear, I'll change the 10,000 post title the day before the next person reaches that goal.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 15:29
hmm lets see ed is at 6700 now so maybe by the 4th of july it will change. mark is ahead of him i know, but im sure ed will get to 10k before mark doesat ed's current ppd number (16) it will take him exactly 204 days to get to 10k post's. funny thing is that to get 16 posts per day average you really got make more like 40 posts a day so im thinking i will be close with my guess.

Edited by pyro6999 - January/28/2009 at 15:42
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 15:34

Shocked
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 15:49
So your fate is in Ed's hands.  You will be Optics Retard until then.  Devil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic