OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 13:03
well i guess that means they will continue to make there scopes, just sucks if one ever has any issues.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 13:05
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

UPDATE

I just got off the phone with Herman and have some info, straight from the Kahles US rep.

Kahles has been and coninues to be wholly owned by Swarovski.
Swaro announced last year that they were going to sell Kahles but did not.
This caused a market ripple, the US importer decided not to continue with Kahles, Kahles has no importer at this time.
Swaro has now decided NOT to sell Kahles, they will remain a Swaro company.
Kahles is now searching for a new importer.
Any Kahles optic is fully warrantied and, if repairs are required, ship the optic to the US address, it will be shipped to Austria for repairs, and you will get it back eventually.

This is straight from Herman.

Swaro owns them, Swaro will contiue to own them, they go to Austria for repairs.

Decisions, decisions!

Thanks RC!!  Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 13:36
Thanks for the intel, RC!Excellent

I've had nothing but great experiences with my Kahles scopes.  They are excellent optically, fully on par with just about any of the other high end brands, and I've never had a single problem.  Even if they never find a new US importer, I still wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, especially now, with current pricing being so good.  Kahles suffered from a name recognition problem here, not being as well-established as Swaro and Zeiss in the States, and the average hunter rarely saw any advertising for them or product on store shelves.  That's a shame, as they make as good an optic as anyone.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Stein3282 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stein3282 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 15:18
Thanks for the update. I now have much more confidence in the Kahles I just bought and about to mount.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 21:42
Originally posted by Stein3282 Stein3282 wrote:

Thanks for the update. I now have much more confidence in the Kahles I just bought and about to mount.

I hope you didn't buy the one I wanted! Shocked
take em!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 21:43
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

well i guess that means they will continue to make there scopes, just sucks if one ever has any issues.

Pyro, that is what "back-ups" are for!
take em!
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 00:23
Importer, anyone? Chris? anyone? hello paging Mr. Farris. Mr. Farris you have a long distance call from Austria. Call Me
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 01:51
Originally posted by bricat bricat wrote:

Importer, anyone? Chris? anyone? hello paging Mr. Farris. Mr. Farris you have a long distance call from Austria. Call Me

Interesting
257WM_CDL-SF View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 20:32
i'm thinking of buying 1 is it a mistake ?
huff143 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huff143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 22:09
Originally posted by 257WM_CDL-SF 257WM_CDL-SF wrote:

i'm thinking of buying 1 is it a mistake ?

I have looked through (not owned) them, and they had great optics.  I haven't heard many complaints from durability issues on here from them either.  Unless it's going on a true beat-around gun, I wouldn't let the service sway my decision much.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 22:13
what do you know about the multizero  is it good or bad option
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 22:21
I like the multizero. I have the 3-10 CL MZ and it is awsome. If I needed another scope there would be no hesitation of getting one off the samplelist. If I can ever find a Kahles 2-7CL MZ I will get it.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 22:25
its so tempting
huff143 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huff143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 22:59
If you plan on using your turrets to adjust for shooting @ different ranges (my preference) as opposed to a holdover method, and it's within your budget I'd jump all over one if I were you.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 23:03
i just counted I have 775.00  but willhave to pay to ship saw  not sure how much that will be,It would be bad to be 20$ short :(
huff143 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huff143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 23:43
Originally posted by 257WM_CDL-SF 257WM_CDL-SF wrote:

i just counted I have 775.00  but willhave to pay to ship saw  not sure how much that will be,It would be bad to be 20$ short :(

Holy cow!  DO NOT let the shipping costs deter you from getting a fine piece of equipment like that.Bounce   Clean out your piggy bank, look under the cushion on your couch and dig through the console of your vehicle......please! 
Buy that scope.  Be excited to get it. Take pictures and post them as soon as you get it mounted.  Lastly, thank anyone who talked you into getting a piece of glass like that. Wink
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 23:52
huff  i  have already did that 775.00 is all I have:( id say it will be around 30 bucks to ship the saw plus then will have no rings and bases
huff143 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huff143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2009 at 23:58
It cost me 14.95 to ship one halfway across the U.S., including insurance about three weeks ago.  What kind of rifle is it going on?  Talley makes some great ones that won't break the bank ($40 to $70 dollar range).
If you need a scope sooner than you can save the extra, then there are a lot of great choices for $775 that'll get you mounting hardware and shipping.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2009 at 00:00
its going on a 257 Weatherby Mag 
huff143 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huff143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2009 at 00:43
Then you can get good ones for $40 in the Talley Lightweight Aluminum series. 
.257 WB mag is a good cartridge btw.

You can always get a really good scope for less money, have target turrets made for it by Kenton, or if it's a Leupold then they can install them on about any scope they make.
If you go with Kenton be sure to check their website because they don't make them for every scope out there.

If $775 is your absolute max then I would definitely go that route.  In fact, I'm getting ready to do it again myself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic