OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope Selection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Glory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scope Selection
    Posted: January/21/2009 at 20:13
Old Glory View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Glory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2009 at 20:44
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2009 at 01:10
My what a colorful post makes me want to whistle the Star Spangled Banner American Flag
You need to weigh the two wants and see which is more important to you the CQB up close and personal rapid target acquisition or the tight groups at 100-300 yds.  I have a similar rilfe and it has a TA442 which I am quite fond of. Mine is sighted at 300 yds and will shoot a 1.5 inch group at 200yds. The TA442 is a 1.5x optic and as such has the widest field of view which makes it very rapid on target acquisition up close and personal.  I also have a TA01b 4x model which may be great at distance but lacking for room to room building clearing - home defense.  The Nightforce and the US Optics are very nice also. Of the ones you have mentioned I personally would eliminate the Burris from consideration.  I also see a spot missing where the Aimpoint Comp M4 should be.  The Comp M4 runs on one AA battery which has almost eternal life. The Comp M4 has a really nifty mount turn it till it clicks two times and its on.  Put a back up ARMS flip up rear sight on and you can co wittness with your iron sights (flat top gun) to check to see that the sight is properly sighted in then fold down the rear sight and give it hell. This is a very useful system of checks. The kill flash on this scope is awesome it should be on every scope made and it doesnt make it look dark.  I also have a comp M4 which in case you cant tell I like very much also and would love to have another. So my top two picks are not on your list.
TA442 Trijicon 1.5x16 Compact Acog Rifle Scope                                                                                Trijicon 1.5x16 Compact Acog Rifle Scope
  • Amber Triangle BAC
  • Free Lens Cleaning Pen w/ Purchase
SWFA: $839.95
More Info... Buy Now
GGG1192 GG&G Trijicon Accessory                                                                                                 GG&G Trijicon Accessory
  • Accucam Trijicon ACOG Mount
SWFA: $139.95
More Info... Buy Now
11972 Aimpoint CompM4 30mm Red Dot Sight                                                                                      Aimpoint CompM4 30mm Red Dot Sight
  • Matte
  • 2 MOA Dot
  • 30mm
  • Night Vision Compatible
  • Picatinny Mount Included
  • Spacer Included
  • Killflash Included
  • Bikini cover Included
SWFA: $699.95
More Info... Buy Now

12172 Aimpoint CompM4s 30mm Red Dot Sight                                                                                     Aimpoint CompM4s 30mm Red Dot Sight
  • Matte
  • 2 MOA Dot
  • 30mm
  • Night Vision Compatible
  • Picatinny Mount Included
  • Spacer Included
  • Killflash Included
  • B

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2009 at 01:12
If the tight groups thing is more important think U.S. Optics   SN 3   and just point and shoot up close or add a laser.
42010 ATN Visible Laser Target Acquisition Device                                                                             ATN Visible Laser Target Acquisition Device
  • Red Needle
SWFA: $498.95
More Info... Buy Now

42020 ATN Visible Laser Target Acquisition Device                                                                             ATN Visible Laser Target Acquisition Device
  • Green Needle
SWFA: $638.95
More Info... Buy Now
Oh  by the way remember red dot -- green laser good

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2009 at 16:29
I would go with the Night Force or US Optics.  You can have the best of both world with them.  ACOGs are great, but you have to pick one or the other.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2009 at 16:31
And by the way your formatting is all weird because you are probably cutting and pasting from Word.  This forum and Word don't play well together.   
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2009 at 16:59
The new Trijicon Accupoint 1-4 would be worth a look. 
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
Old Glory View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Glory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2009 at 20:45
Thanks I did cut and paste from word.  Thanks for the info.  Those lasers look pretty cool.  I need to save up for the scope I get but I want to do it right the first time.

How soes the ELCAN SpecterDR Dual Role 1X and 4X combat sight compare with the rest?
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2009 at 17:56
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

Do you have an ETA on these?  And a price?
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2009 at 23:27
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

Do you have an ETA on these?  And a price?

When can they be ordered?Smile

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic