OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

CZ 550 Lux.. scope?? mount??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman_sy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CZ 550 Lux.. scope?? mount??
    Posted: January/20/2009 at 19:54
Hello everyone.. newbie here so i apologize in advance for the questions i am about to ask.

I already placed my order for a CZ 550 Lux. .308 :) and i have read good reviews about it, i'll be using it for sniping fun :) around 300 yards target shooting. and maybe.. just maybe some hunting in the future :)

But the scope part.. I decided to get this...
 Leupold 3.5-10x50 scope with 30mm tube
Actual Magnification:   3.3(3.5x) 9.7(10x)
Length (in):   12.3
Eyepiece Length (in):   3.2
Objective Length (in):   3.6
Objective Diameter (in):   2.3
Eyepiece Diameter (in):   1.6
Tube Diameter:   30mm
Weight:   19.5 oz. / 552.8 grams
Eye Relief (in):   4.4(3.5x) 3.5(10x)
Eye Relief (mm):   113(3.5x) 91(10x)
Obj. Lens Diameter:   2.0in / 50mm
Max. Adjustment @ 100 yds (in):   51
Max. Adjustment @ 100 m (cm):   142
FOV @ 100 yds (ft):   29.9(3.5x) 10.9(10x)
FOV @ 100 m (m):   10.0(3.5x) 3.6(10x)
  Ring Spacing
Max. Mount Ring Spacing (in):   5.6
Front Ring Space (in):  Back to Top
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 21:30

Get Your Popcorn Ready
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 21:47
Ed, perhaps you could help the guy with some answers, rather then sit there with your popcorn?

Back on topic:

First of all, this website is supported by SWFA and we try to avoid linking competitors' websites on this forum.

See forum rules:

http://opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5473

CZ rings attach directly to the receiver (there are cutouts there just for that purpose).  The rings are certainly high enough.  I think you would have been fine with medium rings just as well.  You do not need any separate mount or base.

As for the other accessories, I am not entirely sure what you need the scopesmith cover for, if you are getting Alumina flips.

ILya
Horsemany View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsemany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 22:04

Don't CZ's still come with rings?  I believe they come with 1" rings tall enough to run a 50mm obj.  The quality of the rings themselves are outstanding.  They even have witness marks on the ring halves so you can't get them backwards/mismatched.   If you were gonna run a 30mm tube I wonder if CZ would do an exchange like Ruger does.

sandman_sy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman_sy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2009 at 00:15
Oh cripes.. i knew i'd foul up in someway...:(

sorry guys.. now to edit.. how do you edit your post ??:( I'd like to remove the links.. its not my intention... sorry guys.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2009 at 00:24
no worries. you did not know. I'll fix them for you.

ILya
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2009 at 00:39
Links removed.

Oh, and welcome aboard, sir.

When you get a chance, post a picture of your set up (if you are not sure of how to post the picture, you can e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you).

I like CZ rifles, they shoot well and look good to me.

ILya
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman_sy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2009 at 00:57
sir koshkin :) thank your for the warm welcome :)

I am checking out the SWFA sight right now.. and they will get my purchase.. why?? because of their support to this forum :) this forum rocks :)

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2009 at 01:04
I am glad you are looking at their website.  SWFA customer service is top notch and I think you will find the product selection is superb (just for the record, I do not work for SWFA).

I suggest you look through the website for what you need and then give them a call.  That way you can figure out exactly if they have the items you need in stock and how long it would take to get them.

Also, if you are considering other options, describe in a bit more detail what you are looking for in a scope and your price range and perhaps we can also come up with some alternatives you can look at.

ILya
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman_sy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2009 at 02:17
Wow.. a LOT of people hate Leupold huh :P being a newb.. i just read this forums topic bout the leupold.. and man.. heheh. .makes me think twice :)

Here's what i got so far:

Reason for scope: Sniping.. Plinking at the Range(1-300 yards.. maybe 600 yards)
Rifle: CZ 550 Lux
Caliber: .308
Budget: not over $1,000.00
Magnification: 3x-9x or something near that
Reticle Illumination: Yeah.. would be nice to be able to shoot at low light.

Thats what i have... so any suggestions??

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2009 at 02:45
I do not think anyone here particularly hates Leupold.  I think most people here believe that there is more efficient use of your hard earned money though.

Anyhow, for what you need there are quite a few good options where you not have to spend a thousand dollars.  If you do want to spend right around a thousand, IOR 2.5-10x42 Hunting scope with HR-5 reticle will fit all of your requirements:
http://www.swfa.com/p-12304-ior-25-10x42-hunting-30mm-rifle-scope.aspx

For a bit less money here are two very good options:
Sightron S2 3.5-10x44 with MilDot
Bushnel Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 with MilDot
Meopta Meostar 3.5-10x50 or 4-12x40

ILya
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman_sy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2009 at 04:38
heheh.. sorry.. Hate is such a strong word.. A LOT of people think Leupold is overpriced :)

hhmmm.. thnx sir koshkin :) will check it :)
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2009 at 05:42
I do not own a CZ rifle.  The only things I could have helped him out on are the things that I know about the CZ:......that they require ringmounts ( which he was ready to order ); and that he would, more than likely, need medium rings. 

I assumed that some CZ owners would get on here pretty quickly, and I was interested in what they had to say from first hand experience. 

Very interesting.  
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2009 at 12:08
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

I do not own a CZ rifle.  The only things I could have helped him out on are the things that I know about the CZ:......that they require ringmounts ( which he was ready to order ); and that he would, more than likely, need medium rings. 

I assumed that some CZ owners would get on here pretty quickly, and I was interested in what they had to say from first hand experience. 

Very interesting.  

My bad.  You know your way around rifles, so I automatically assumed you have messed with CZs.  Nice rifles by the way, especially if you like Mausers.

ILya
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2009 at 12:20

I certainly know know my way around CZ's, Koskin.  [We used to call them Brno ZKKs]  But I have never owned one.  Since we are supposed to be a SERIOUS FORUM now I figured that I shouldn't open my mouth unless I had " hand's on experience"......

The other 300 firearms that I have had experience with don't seem to be mentioned very often on this forum .......but they are on other forums....

Adios, amigo.

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman_sy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2009 at 01:16
For some reason.. i've decided to get this...Leupold are great scopes.. overpriced.. but since they're slashing price everywhere :) heheh.. now's the time to get one :)

Yes.. i heard that they were gonna release the new VX models.. but still at a high price.. might as well get a old one.. with 30-40% "discounts".

Here's what i choose..

with free:

and scope rings..

or
?????????????????????

here's my question.. since this scope has a cresent cut for lower mount.. should i get the medium rings for the CZ 550??? Ed Connelly mentioned that i should get medium rings ("need medium rings")

just confirming.. about to finalize the order but got a bit reluctant with the high and medium ring :)

thanx for the help guys :) SWFA :) thanx for the freebies :) your sight rocks too :)

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2009 at 01:25
This is a 1" tube scope, so you need 1" rings.  I think you will be fine with medium rings. 

Post a picture when you put all this together.

ILya
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman_sy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2009 at 02:19

Whew.. i love this sight :0 thanx sir koshkin :) im good to go :)

I will defntly post a pic.. and a Range report once i get the items and finish installing :)

more power to you guys and SWFA :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic