OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon Laser IRT rangefinder scope?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bg88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon Laser IRT rangefinder scope?
    Posted: January/20/2009 at 07:34
Looks like a very convenient scope. Any knowledge on quality of scope and rangefinder? Anyone used one? Seems like it would be a good buy if you consider buying the two units separately.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 08:40
I have one... have used it on several different rifles.  Right now it is on my Remington Etronx .220 Swift where it will probably stay.  Have fired it with the Nikon Laser IRT out to 300yds holding right at 1/4 MOA.  (1/4 in at 100, 3/8in at 200, slightly under 3/4in at 300, 5 round groups from a bench rest) Have fired three rounds at 500, under 1/2MOA from prone position.  I like it.  Get used to the reticle and it is pretty easy to shoot with.  I spent some time shooting 30-06 before I put it on the Remington, so I had a good feel for the reticle.  Then had to "train" myself for the BDC for the .220Swift.  I have measured the laser to under +- 1yd at 500yds.   Some think it heavy or bulky.  I don't mind.  Personal choice.  Glass is Monarch quality.  Good resolution in low light.  It was a worthwhile purchase for me.  Dependable so far...
It didn't really look good on the 30-06 WinMod70, looked OK on Browning Stalker 7mmMag, and I think it looks really good on the Rem700(Sendero) Etronx. 
For someone looking for this type of scope, it is recommendable. 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
redfish1975 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2011 at 16:32
So I just bought my first AR and now trying to figure out what I want on it as far as glass goes. I have a nikon range finder already but dont use it much.

So my real question is how many people have or are using this and are you willing to provide feedback becasue I am really thinking about putting this on top of the AR.
WYcoyote View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WYcoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2011 at 17:36
Getting a scope and a rangefinder in one package sounds handy and killing two birds with one stone,
but then you would have to mount and point a weapon to take a reading.
I personally have a separate RF, however if a guy wanted to combine it with something, I would pair it with binoculars instead of a riflescope.
Two of my friends have the Leica Geovids and they are fantastic, but I would like to give the Bushnell Fusions a try, being more budget friendly.
redfish1975 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2011 at 18:01
Thanks for the feedback have a range finder already just looking to see how these old up?

Only wanting to put it on the AR  

I have not seen this other one you mention wonder about it to  
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2011 at 18:11
Mine is holding up just fine.  However, Burris has an upgraded model out, the Eliminator.  You might give it some consideration.  I am considering trading my Nikon for an Eliminator.  

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2011 at 18:13
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Mine is holding up just fine.  However, Burris has an upgraded model out, the Eliminator.  You might give it some consideration.  I am considering trading my Nikon for an Eliminator.  

Did I see that at your place? I've always wanted to give one of them a go.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2011 at 18:19
Yes, you did... I don't think you ranged anything with it, though.  I showed you the button on the side and the remote strapped to the stock and commented I thought they needed to come up with a better remote mounting system.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic