OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Talley One Piece Ring and Base?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sage1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Talley One Piece Ring and Base?
    Posted: April/08/2004 at 20:24

Would the Talley one piece ring and base be a good way to go? Any disavantages?

Thanks

S1

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2004 at 22:25
I can't imagine anything that Talley makes would have any disadvantages. They might not be the sexiest looking system out there, but, as Sako 75 SS stated, Talley are one of the best out there and they are very reasonably priced. If they make it for your application you won't be disappointed.
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2004 at 16:16
He is right if you can get pass the way they look the Talley Quick-Detachable scope rings are famous for precise tolerances.Talley rings will hold your scope firmly under the toughest of conditions and maintain its zero every time you replace it. This option would be a good way to go.
philgood80 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philgood80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2004 at 17:09

Would Talley one pieces that you guys sell for the Model 70 (.860 Rear base) fit the Model 70 Coyote in WSM?  If so does anyone happen to know how much further the extended front ring extends than the regular front ring.

Thanks,

Phil

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2004 at 14:57

sage1 wrote:

Would the Talley one piece ring and base be a good way to go? Any disavantages?

Thanks

S1

Roy and Stef - he's talking about the all new Talley one piece ring and base, not the quick release mounts they are known for.

S1,

They're good enough that I am taking the time to switch over all my guns.  I like them because they are light weight, use four screws per ring and have no joint between the ring and base.  Its one less piece to the puzzle so its one less thing that can break or come loose.  They are CNC machined out of super durable 7000 series aluminum.  They even have a channel machined out on the under side should you choose to epoxy them to the receiver.

Edited by Chris
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2004 at 16:50

Both of these are 70 Win. the set on the right are extended.  The front is about 1/4" longer.  I don't have a WSM here but I think the rear hole spacing is different. Talley is moving and I could not get them on the phone.

philgood80 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philgood80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2004 at 08:12
Thanks so much Chris.  I appreciate the help.  When do you think Talley will have the WSM mounts?  Thanks in advance for any posts.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2004 at 15:48
Not sure, but should be soon as those calibers are the hottest thing going.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2004 at 05:59

I figured that Chris, that why I stated that hey may not be the sexiest looking mount. I also made a statement about Talley products in general. I guess I should have made myself more clear.

Chris, if you have any plans of using epoxy, use MarineTex. Just make sure you have no plans of ever removing them again. On the remote chance that you have never heard of this stuff, many gunsmith's are using this stuff as a bedding compound(with alot of release agent on all metal parts).

Edited by Roy Finn
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2004 at 10:49

I think they are real sexy.

Never used epoxy on my mounts because I have never had a problem with my mounts.  But I will buy some of the stuff you recommend to have on hand.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic