OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

which 10x42 binocular is the best?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bearcub-27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: which 10x42 binocular is the best?
    Posted: January/29/2005 at 11:44
I am interested in getting a pair of 10x42 hunting binoculars.  I thought I wanted the 10x42el.  Now I see many say the Victory FL, or the Ultravid is better.  Which binocular is the best, and why?  I want to make the right decision when I buy.  They cost too much to make a mistake.
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2005 at 12:23

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.  I would say that the Zeiss has the clearest and truest picture.  The Leica is very close and probably the most durable.  The Swaros are very good, but I think that they have overshadowed by the other two.

ranburr

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2005 at 18:18
As an alternative take a look at Nikon Venturer LX.  For an even better (possibly, definitely better depth perception) view consider some high end porro prism binos, like Nikon Superior E.

Ilya
smesk403 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smesk403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2012 at 12:03
I love my SLC HD's
obro View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2012 at 16:22
Ford or Chevy. Eveyone is going to have their own opinion.  I have sets from Leica and Swarovski and it would take a machine or someone who really knows their crap to tell the difference . You can't make a wrong decision if you buy any of those 3 .
obro
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2012 at 16:49
It's all what looks best through your eyes.

Personally I love the Swarovski binos best (sweet spot, color definition, etc.), followed by Leica. Zeiss on the other is the least appealing to my eyes of the three.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic