OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

dustem off

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2009 at 22:45
Originally posted by trigger29 trigger29 wrote:

Helo, how do you like the norinco .22? I have one buried somewhere, but never had it out of the box.

I love that little gun.  Light weight.  And an absolute tack driver.  Used to shoot it open sight and even then it was good.  With scope, it is great gopher gun or just plinking.  My only complaint would be that I can not find a clip for it that is bigger than five rounds.  If I could get a 10 or 20 round clip, I would buy a couple.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2009 at 23:13
I have the same problem with my A-bolt .22
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2009 at 00:15
ATTA ,boy Helo knew you couldn't hold out for long..nice rigs I was looking at a stock similar to that thumb hole I would like one in what they call tiger stripe ..birch and walnut. did you make that or just do the finishing work, nice!
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2009 at 00:20
Thanks for sharing Monster... I know Ive told you before but that camo job really looks cool nice colors.that is a great picture as well nice camera.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2009 at 19:53
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

I have the same problem with my A-bolt .22

lucytuma, how do you like your A-bolt (other than the small clip)?  I would really like to add one to my collection, but I haven't seen one.
take em!
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2009 at 20:13
Its ok, looks nice and I bought it when I was on a browning kick,  I believe there are better options available now. The best thing about it, is that it should hold its value.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2009 at 20:20
Pics....please just post the pics..if your looking thats fine but be courteous to others and post some damn pics .....thank you come again.
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2009 at 20:24
Are you a motivational speaker as your side job Looney?
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2009 at 20:28
I am a people person I like to see peoples pics of their firearms....hence LOONEY.

Whacko

Edited by rifle looney - January/18/2009 at 20:29
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2009 at 20:42
Originally posted by rifle looney rifle looney wrote:

ATTA ,boy Helo knew you couldn't hold out for long..nice rigs I was looking at a stock similar to that thumb hole I would like one in what they call tiger stripe ..birch and walnut. did you make that or just do the finishing work, nice!

I did all the finish work on it.  Then bedded the action.  I am looking to doing one for my 300 wm as well.  Not sure whether I will go laminate again, or go full wood.  Will probably go with the dual grip again though.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2009 at 20:44
So, is that a richards micro?
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2009 at 20:48
Originally posted by rifle looney rifle looney wrote:

So, is that a richards micro?

I believe that is what it is called now.  It used to be Elk Ridge Rifle Stocks.  Looks like the same operation, and same woods.  I would get another from them.

Edited by helo18 - January/18/2009 at 20:49

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2009 at 20:52
Yeh my mistake they do look similar  that is the same one I have been considering for my mauser 96 in 22-250. the dual grip. thanks

Edited by rifle looney - January/18/2009 at 21:52
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 18:46
Lets some some more of those guns. Anything you got!
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 12:03
Originally posted by Monster Monster wrote:

Lets some some more of those guns. Anything you got!

I'm classic shag nasty type.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 12:09
 WOW!! That's a pre-64 model!
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 12:20
See the custom grips!
I'm classic shag nasty type.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 12:31
 VERY impressive sir!
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 14:36
I've already offered 5,000 for it 300 S&W so don't get any ideas!!!!!!
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2009 at 15:24
  FOUL! FOUL! I was out collecting beer cans so's I could make a down payment! UMMMPH!

Anyways,here's 3 of mine:
    This is the 1924 Yugoslavian Mauser I just got back from Clearwater Reboring,9.3x62mm.
    It was already modified when I bought it 20+ yrs ago.

This is a Pre 64(late 1960)Model 94 in 30-30.

This is a Model 1892(mid 1894)in .38/40.

And here's one just for kicks!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic