OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 11:08
My Dad forgot to tell me that one....... I knew he was lacking in a few areas, but gee, that could have helped out big time!
take em!
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 13:31
Urimaginaryfrnd, you are dead on.  I try to buy Jodi something nice like jewelry, earrings or a necklace (client of ours owns a jewelry store) and she doesn't want any.  What really makes her tick is little gifts here and there, and when it is in front of her friends, it is worth all the more.  Since I know that it will not be an expensive deal, I kind of like valentines day.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 13:39
Already scheduled:
1) spa day,
2) weekend at bed and breakfast,
3) every year I write her a letter explaining my true, everlasting love. About 1/2 finished with it now.  I always end it "though the gates of Hell stand between us, STILL would I find thee".  

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 13:55
Kickboxer you make us all look bad.........Bow
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 19:46
I don't have to get anybody anything.  Guess I have it easy!
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 19:50
Ran that girl friend off all ready? Bucky  Fool look at all that ammo she wasted. Or was it so you don't have anyone for Vtine Day. Cool.Cool

Edited by 3_tens - January/16/2009 at 19:52
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 20:10
Originally posted by SChunter SChunter wrote:

These are not my sentiments, but for some of you. . .

Subject: The World's Shortest Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
The girl said, 'NO!'
And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went
fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer and scotch and
left the toilet seat up and f**ted whenever he wanted.

THE END

Bow
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 22:07
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Ran that girl friend off all ready? Bucky  Fool look at all that ammo she wasted. Or was it so you don't have anyone for Vtine Day. Cool.Cool

I still see her now and then, but not for valentine day.  Sad  Don't think she will be dating me, but what did I expect with a young one like that.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 23:18
To bad. she was cute. Were you subing as a teacher?
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 23:21
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

To bad. she was cute. Were you subing as a teacher?

No!  Big Smile  But I sure taught her a lot about guns!

Big Smile

Edited by helo18 - January/17/2009 at 10:48

GEORGE WASHINGTON
carbuyersfriend View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbuyersfriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 23:33

Stephanie,

So here is my plan...I'am going to leave my girl friends Valentine gift on the dash board of her car.....we all know that women never look here for anything !!! If I want her to find it I'll tape it to the rear view morror !!!

Mark
Have a great day ...unless you have something else planned
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2009 at 00:17
Helo your still a young buck I'm sure you will find a nice girl to call your own.  I'll suggest this as a friend told me this about 35yrs ago. Find one in a church not in a bar cause if you find one in a bar thats the life she wants to go back to.  You will note upon closer review that there is a higher percentage of unattached hot young women in church than guys their age in most cases.   Happy Hunting.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
carbuyersfriend View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbuyersfriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2009 at 10:29
Interesting Urim thats exactly where I found my girl after being a widow for a while and not into the bar scene. It's working out relly well. She loves to camp, fish, sail and will shoot small caliber rifles and hand guns. Doesn't get any better in my book. Oh !!! she's pretty darn cute and a great cook !!!
Have a great day ...unless you have something else planned
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2009 at 10:55
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Helo your still a young buck I'm sure you will find a nice girl to call your own.  I'll suggest this as a friend told me this about 35yrs ago. Find one in a church not in a bar cause if you find one in a bar thats the life she wants to go back to.  You will note upon closer review that there is a higher percentage of unattached hot young women in church than guys their age in most cases.   Happy Hunting.

I actually did find her in church.  But as you have pointed out there is a high percentage of single girls there, so we will see what happens.  I am not too worried.  Being single gives me time to hunt, shoot and fly.

But to stay on topic of the thread, I will tell you what I was going to do if she had been around.  There is a forest service cabin that can be rented that sits on a pass called Windy ridge at about 9000 ft.  The only way to get in right now is to fly.  I was going to go in start a fire, fix a nice dinner ( with all the flowers, notes and chocolate to go with it), and then fly her up there for the evening.  Now I will have to save that for the right girl at the right time.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2009 at 11:01
Originally posted by helo18 helo18 wrote:

Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

I actually did find her in church.  But as you have pointed out there is a high percentage of single girls there, so we will see what happens.  I am not too worried.  Being single gives me time to hunt, shoot and fly.

But to stay on topic of the thread, I will tell you what I was going to do if she had been around.  There is a forest service cabin that can be rented that sits on a pass called Windy ridge at about 9000 ft.  The only way to get in right now is to fly.  I was going to go in start a fire, fix a nice dinner ( with all the flowers, notes and chocolate to go with it), and then fly her up there for the evening.  Now I will have to save that for the right girl at the right time.

Holy Mackeral!!!   Bucky     Shocked
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2009 at 19:42
helo - I think that would have worked!
take em!
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2009 at 20:12
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

helo - I think that would have worked!

If you need a vacation, I can hook you up for you and your special person.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2009 at 08:48
Chocolate and Diamonds. It keeps what little hair I have left where it's at. 
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2009 at 09:46

Shocked
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2009 at 13:15
               Laser Zap
St. Valentine                               Cyborg

Another Holiday set to separate a man from his money.

I guess I'll have to play nice though. I bought her some earrings.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic