OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - bushnell 6500 vs burris black diamond vs leupold
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

bushnell 6500 vs burris black diamond vs leupold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 09:32

I think I have it narrowed down to the black diamond and the 6500 looked thorough my buddies VXIII 6.5-20 x50 not impressed my sig select has better glass in my opinion

crow killer
dougedwards View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougedwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 09:54
Compare the optics of the 6500 with the black diamond in low light situations.  I have a target whitetail decoy with a large mound of dirt behind it located among the pines in my back yard.  When comparing rifle scopes in dim light situations I use this scenario to make comparisons.  I was amazed at the crispness and clarity of the sight picture of the 6500 much beyond the time frame of what my bare 53 yr old eyeballs could detect.  Even my Kahles CL was only able to bing in a recognizable picture for about 3-4 minutes longer than the 6500 using the same size exit pupil.

Doug
but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the spirit if indeed the spirit of Christ dwells within you...Romans 8
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 09:58
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

vx-3 and vxIII are the same thing some people dont like to use 3 or some dont like to use III
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 10:00
notice i didnt say vx3l i said vx3 in my terminology thats the same thing as a vxIII some people are lazy typists, like those of us who dont take time to capitialize anything!Bucky
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 10:14

notice i didnt say vx3l i said vx3 in my terminology thats the same thing as a vxIII some people are lazy typists, like those of us who dont take time to capitialize anything!Bucky
Refer to my previous post notice it says VX3 and VX3L. VX3 and VXIII are not the same thing.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 10:17
oh i see they have two new models, i follow you bro my bad!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 10:19
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 10:22

The numerical designation is how Leupold is differentiating between the new model and the old model to avoid confusion.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 10:25
can anybody deny or confirm the use of vx7 glass in the new vx3-L?? or is that "classified" Cool for a while?
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 10:28
Originally posted by Mike650 Mike650 wrote:

Originally posted by timber

I received a catalog today with the VX-3's listed.  The prices were very similar to the VX-111's.  It reads like they have the same glass as the VX-7.  If this is true then they are very much improved and will be a much better value than the VX-111.  I liked what I read.  In fact I'd prefer it to the VX-7 because I don't care for their 'pop-up' turrets.  I'm going to call Leupold and ask them point blank about the glass.

At the Dallas Safari Show this past weekend the rep confirmed that the vx3 was upgraded with many of the vx7 features such as the same glass which is what I suspected. He also said there was going to be around a 6% increase in price. There were brochures on site to backup what I was told. Sounds like good news to me.
Quoting Mike from another thread FYI.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 10:28
Same thread I just sent you the link to Pyro.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 10:29
is that for the vx3 or for the vx3L or both?? i assume the vx3L is the only one of those two getting the vx7 glass

i have read that thread, i just updated my posts on it. thanks for the info cf2!Bow

Edited by pyro6999 - January/16/2009 at 10:31
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 10:31
I believe both have VX7 glass, and the VX3L has the cut out in the bottom of them if I am not mistaken.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2009 at 10:33
that would be something, if the vx3 line has vx7 glass for those prices, they should fly off the shelf!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2009 at 15:11

that would be something, if the vx3 line has vx7 glass for those prices, they should fly off the shelf!
The VX3 has VX7 glass, Index Matched Lens system, Diamond Coat Lens coatings, and is purged with Argon/Krypton gas instead of Nitrogen. The VX3L also has VX7 glass. The only diffrence is the VX3L has the cut out of the bottom of the scope and pop up turret technology. If you are wondering how in the world they are goin to sell their VX7'S with the new VX3 carrying these features. It has a 4X Erector.Loco These new VX3's seem to be a good deal to consider.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic