OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

No Kahles AH2-7RF/Is AH2-7 OK?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GR8SKP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Kahles AH2-7RF/Is AH2-7 OK?
    Posted: January/11/2009 at 13:04
I just bought a Remington 504 rimfire rifle and so far I haven't been able to find the Kahles AH2-7RF scope. I have found a source for the AH2-7 for centerfire rifles. I was thinking of mounting the centerfire version if I can't find the rimfire scope. My alternative scope would be a 2-7x32? Sightron rimfire scope. Any opinions on the above would be appreciated.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2009 at 13:12
Kahles doesn't make the rimfire 2X7 anymore.  You'll have to try to find one somewhere or try another brand........Stare
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
GR8SKP View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GR8SKP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2009 at 13:23
Thanks for your reply. I know that all Kahles AH series scopes are no longer available from Kahles or their distributers. I have been calling dealers listed on Kahles web site with the hope of finding one left over on someone's shelf. I have found the AH2-7 but it's not the Rimfire version with the RF after the AH2-7. My question is if the non-rimfire version would be suitable for my rimfire rifle?
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2009 at 13:43
Well, yes, ....but you would have the typical blurriness while looking at close targets  (up till probably 65 yards or so ) when everything will then be in focus...

I have a regular (100 yard parallax set) 6X scope on my 22 and it is okay for shooting but, at close range it is not IN FOCUS until I look out there around 65 yards or so...

You should not have any real Parallax Problems with a 2X7 magnification....but you will, naturally, be on a different focal plane at close distances.  

You would be spending a lot of money to have a scope that behaved like that.....of course, you could always switch it out later!!!  Bucky   
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2009 at 14:24
I have a 2-7 Nikon Monarch on a 10/22. I have no problems shooting small pests at 10-15 yards.
If you need pin point accuracy a rimfire specific scope or an EFR would be better, though.
madvalkyrie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madvalkyrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2009 at 15:33
Keep looking for the rimfire version.  They pop up once in a while.  I have two, they are the best.
GR8SKP View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GR8SKP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2009 at 22:35
Thanks all for your reply. I may go ahead and buy the centerfire version. If I have any small issues with it on my rimfire, I could mount it on a Remington 222 that belonged to my Grandfather. It currently has a 3/4 inch weaver scope mounted on it. Any further thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
GR8SKP View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GR8SKP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2009 at 20:07
Good news. I found the Kahles rimfire scope. Thanks again for the replies.
SSJet View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSJet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2009 at 22:10
What would a Kahles AH2-7RF go for?
carbuyersfriend View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbuyersfriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2009 at 08:26

Would love to hve one or two of these. PM me on where you found them if you would.

Thanks

Have a great day ...unless you have something else planned
GR8SKP View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GR8SKP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2009 at 16:06
I Paid $500.00 for the last one at one of the dealers listed on Kahles home page. You can search for dealers by zip code or by State. It took about twenty phone calls before I found a rimfire version. There are a few centerfire versions out there priced at $559.00. There could be more rimfire scopes out there. I only covered Indiana, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Missippi and Alabama. Good Luck! 
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2009 at 10:55
Have a Kahles CL 2-7 on my 10-22.  That's a nice setup.  Local shop has an AH 2-7 for a good price used.  I won't post their site here, but PM me if you'd like.
gambluh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gambluh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2009 at 16:33
New to forum, glad to be onboard....question on your Kahles 2x7 rimfire scope..........I have a used one which has no designation on as to it being a rimfire scope....the box though, states it is an AH 2x7 Rimfire model.

Does your scope have a "rimfire" designation anywhere on it.

Thanks for your response.
Gambluh711
GR8SKP View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GR8SKP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2009 at 23:49
My Kahles rimfire scope does not have any rimfire indication printed on it. There is a number on the flat circular on the bottom below the adjustment knobs that matches the number on the box. That number is 661070L. My box also has the AH2-7x36 Rimfire on it. Hope that helps.
gambluh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gambluh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 07:16
Thanks a ton......ditto on my scope and corresponding numbers on box.

I appreciate the response.
Gambluh711
Lee View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2009 at 15:53
Hi, I , too am looking for the same 2x7 Rimfire AH scope. Glad you found one. Do you mind me asking where and if you think/know if they have anymore?
 thx
 Lee
Lee
gambluh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gambluh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2009 at 16:27
I bought mine on Ebay 2 years ago. I am actually putting it on Ebay for sale in 1 week.
Gambluh711
Lee View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2009 at 17:42
If you would e-mail me the shop's # that has the Kahles AH 2-7x36, I'd be very grateful.
 thx
 Lee
Lee
Lee View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2009 at 17:46
I'd love to talk with you about it, if you have the time/inclination. My # is 919-785-9909, or I'll be glad to call you.
 thx
 Lee
Lee
GR8SKP View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GR8SKP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2009 at 23:33
I bought the only rimfire scope that was in one dealers inventory. If you go to the Kahles website you can click on a list of dealers by State. You can print the list of dealers and start making phone calls. It took me about twenty calls before I found one. I called all of the dealers in Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama and Mississippi before I found one. There are some 2-7x36 non-rimfire scopes available but there are a lot of dealers that I didn't call in the other forty-two States. There were several dealers in each State. I would call them. I wouldn't be surprised if you found one. Not many people want to put $500.00 into a rimfire scope. Good Luck! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic