OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Weather Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Iowa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iowa
    Posted: January/10/2009 at 21:39
I got home from work last night and it was snowing like crazy about 4 inches on the ground so I broke out the snow blower and after extended effort got it running made one pass down the drive then a pass down the walk and  uh oh got a little too close to the white christmas light deer and it sucked that thing right in - ate half a deer before you could say AWSHEET..   After an hour of realizing my wire cutters and fence tool were not a good match for the 1/4 in heavy wire I got the snow blower up and running, did the drive way then down the walk and CLUNK sucked up a 6 inch rock that the neighbors kids must have left in the middle of the sidewalk.  So this morning I had 8 inches of new snow in the drive and the snowblower was toast.  After extensive shoveling I took the snowblower to be repaired.   OH JOY ITS WINTER!!!!!!Head Banger

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2009 at 21:44
Ha! That must have been the storm that dumped on us too. I don't have a snowblower.Head Banger

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2009 at 00:04
Heck of a storm.  They keep saying we should get snow up here, and then it hits 50 every day.  I want snow, not a chinook.  Oh well.  Enjoy your snow.

Can't wait to here the stories about shoveling!  Roll on Floor Laughing
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2009 at 07:19
I like sitting out on the patio of Garduño's Restaurant in Las Cruces eating a big plate of burritos and having a Carta Blanca in the warm sun while looking at the mountains off in the distance, and maybe spotting a roadrunner zip across Telshor Drive in the traffic at the red light..............Light It Up    
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic